Bad Squeeling Noise Fan Gearbox

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Mike763

I have a 1999 Bobcat 763, I Havent had any Problems until tonight. It Started to squeel really bad and started to smell like something was burning. I turned it off looked in the back, everything looked fine. I started it back up with then RPMs low and after about 10 seconds the squeel and the smell went away. So I continued to work and after about 5 minutes it did it again. So I turned the RPMs down again and I drove it back to load up. on the way back the squell and the stink went away again. Any input would be helpful,I want to know where to start looking for the problem. Thanks Mike

Fishfiles

Sounds like a belt sqealing ,and I don't think its the drive belt from what you say , I'd look at the alternator freezing up and the belt dragging , or possibly the blower belt

mllud

Sounds like a belt sqealing ,and I don't think its the drive belt from what you say , I'd look at the alternator freezing up and the belt dragging , or possibly the blower belt
Look for a black powder in the area around your belts. your belt might also look glazed.Look for oil leaking on ,or in the area of the belt. Mike

xtreem3d

Look for a black powder in the area around your belts. your belt might also look glazed.Look for oil leaking on ,or in the area of the belt. Mike
my 763 has a tensioner for the blower belt, maybe the pulley is locking up at different times because the bearing is failing?

OP
OP
M

Mike763

my 763 has a tensioner for the blower belt, maybe the pulley is locking up at different times because the bearing is failing?
Thanks for the advice, the fan blower pulley was seased up. So I took it all a part, what a fun job that was. I had to Drain my Hydraullic tank and remove it in order to get the fan gearbox out. Plus I can only get the top up so high in my Garage so that makes it even worse. When I seperated the gearbox there was pieces of bearing in the oil. So tomorrow morning I am going to my buddies machine shop so I can pull it apart and replace what ever is broken.

Tazza

Staff member
Thanks for the advice, the fan blower pulley was seased up. So I took it all a part, what a fun job that was. I had to Drain my Hydraullic tank and remove it in order to get the fan gearbox out. Plus I can only get the top up so high in my Garage so that makes it even worse. When I seperated the gearbox there was pieces of bearing in the oil. So tomorrow morning I am going to my buddies machine shop so I can pull it apart and replace what ever is broken.
I need to strip mine down too, it looks easy enough. Just make sure you fill it to the right height with synthetic oil as per the repair manual.

Latest posts