Bad leak

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

longhorn

2006 S-175 Skidsteer I have a huge hydraulic leak somewhere? Its coming from under and in front of the engine.under the seat kinda. Is there anyway to access this area? Can I get at it by removing the interior of the machine? Any ideas before I start ripping things apart would be welcomed.

Tazza

Staff member
You need to find the leak first, the main one is the line from the hydraulic pump. I am assuming it's hydraulic and not engine oil?

TriHonu

Quote:
Longhorn - '2006 S-175 Skidsteer I have a huge hydraulic leak somewhere? Its coming from under and in front of the engine.under the seat kinda. Is there anyway to access this area? Can I get at it by removing the interior of the machine? Any ideas before I start ripping things apart would be welcomed.'
No you don't want to remove the interior.
The cab is hinged at the back above the hull and opens up like a clamshell.
Raise the boom all the way up if you can and remove the pin from the safety support on the right boom cylinder. Tip the safety support down against the top of the lift cylinder so the boom can not drop. If you can not raise the boom, it is not a problem, you can still raise the cab.
Next to tip the cab up, remove two nuts (one on each side) that are just inside the front of the cab. With the two nuts and washer removed, stand in front of the loader and grab the two handles on the front of the cab and lift it up and back. It will rotate on the hinges at the back of the cab. There is a spring loaded support on left side of the cab that will hold the cab most of the way tipped up.
While working under the cab, I usually use a prop rod to hold the cab all the way up.