Back up alarm

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

nobull1

My 763 doesn't have a back up alarm, which I think is a little on the dangerous side. I know it is not the answer, but it might help prevent a accident. The safety people might not like it if there was a accident either. I was wondering how it is installed and mounted. I'm sure it must be pretty straight forward and wouldn't require dealer intervention. Pictures and instructions would be nice if possible

siduramaxde

On my old 863 the back up alarm was mounted in a hole in the back engine door. On my t200 the hole is already in the door and the wires are there to hook it up but it does not have one installed. Is your 763 a G series or F series?

OP
OP
nobull1

nobull1

On my old 863 the back up alarm was mounted in a hole in the back engine door. On my t200 the hole is already in the door and the wires are there to hook it up but it does not have one installed. Is your 763 a G series or F series?
Actually it's a c series

Fishfiles

Bobcat has a kit for about $240 which isn't cheap, it comes with brackets , switches , horn , wiring harness , nuts and bolt and instructions , you can rig it up your self , but after buying the swithes and horn and fab'in it all up , I think the OEM is the way I'd go , takes about 45 minutes to hook one up

crowne

Bobcat has a kit for about $240 which isn't cheap, it comes with brackets , switches , horn , wiring harness , nuts and bolt and instructions , you can rig it up your self , but after buying the swithes and horn and fab'in it all up , I think the OEM is the way I'd go , takes about 45 minutes to hook one up
If the wires are there, you can buy a back up alarm at Princes Auto. (If your in Canada) for $20.00

skidsteer.ca

If the wires are there, you can buy a back up alarm at Princes Auto. (If your in Canada) for $20.00
Brian
I can take you a pic or two and send it someday soon.
The kit is basically to lever micro switches, they are mounted one to each steering lever under the seat. The switch for either lever is closed (on) only when the lever is pulled into reverse. switches are open in neutral and forward.
The switches are wired in series, in order for power to go to the alarm, both steering levers would have to be pulled into reverse.
The only downside to the factory setup is as you steering lever bushing were and get play over 2 or 3000 hrs the striker plates begin to hit the switches and can break them the way the factory set things up. Meaning you have to keep tight bushings in the steering levers.
Ken

OP
OP
nobull1

nobull1

Brian
I can take you a pic or two and send it someday soon.
The kit is basically to lever micro switches, they are mounted one to each steering lever under the seat. The switch for either lever is closed (on) only when the lever is pulled into reverse. switches are open in neutral and forward.
The switches are wired in series, in order for power to go to the alarm, both steering levers would have to be pulled into reverse.
The only downside to the factory setup is as you steering lever bushing were and get play over 2 or 3000 hrs the striker plates begin to hit the switches and can break them the way the factory set things up. Meaning you have to keep tight bushings in the steering levers.
Ken
Ken
Now your talking......a couple of pic's would be great! I have no doubt I can make it work, but I haven't ever seen how Bobcat does it, and there way, is probably the simplest way. The cost of a couple of micro switches, backup alarm, couple pieces of wire and a little bit of my time should mean I will have a alarm for a small amount of money.
Thanks
Brian

Luthor

Ken
Now your talking......a couple of pic's would be great! I have no doubt I can make it work, but I haven't ever seen how Bobcat does it, and there way, is probably the simplest way. The cost of a couple of micro switches, backup alarm, couple pieces of wire and a little bit of my time should mean I will have a alarm for a small amount of money.
Thanks
Brian
I would love to see the pictures of how Bobcat set it up too, as I have to have an alarm to use my machine to get an operators permit.

Tazza

Staff member
I would love to see the pictures of how Bobcat set it up too, as I have to have an alarm to use my machine to get an operators permit.
I can see them being very simple to attach but they would drive me crazy. Every time you back up BEEP BEEP BEEP.

skidsteer.ca

I can see them being very simple to attach but they would drive me crazy. Every time you back up BEEP BEEP BEEP.
If you have a back window in your loader and the alarm is pointed to the rear then they are not to offending to the operator.
Ken

skidsteer.ca

If you have a back window in your loader and the alarm is pointed to the rear then they are not to offending to the operator.
Ken
IMG_0634.JPG

IMG_0630.JPG

In the last photo you can see the plates with the 90 and 45 degree bends that activate the switch, one for each steering lever, on the LH steering control in the photoyou can see the switch wheel making contact with the plate at the 45 degrees bend.
Plates are slot mounted onto the steering sticks to allow adjusting when the switch closes, they move towards the switch in reverse and the 45 bend closes the switch
Folder with more pics is here
http://www.skidsteerforum.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=52&gallerypage=0&path=Back%20Up%20Alarm%20Kit%20Bobcat%20Loaders

OP
OP
nobull1

nobull1

In the last photo you can see the plates with the 90 and 45 degree bends that activate the switch, one for each steering lever, on the LH steering control in the photoyou can see the switch wheel making contact with the plate at the 45 degrees bend.
Plates are slot mounted onto the steering sticks to allow adjusting when the switch closes, they move towards the switch in reverse and the 45 bend closes the switch
Folder with more pics is here
http://www.skidsteerforum.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=52&gallerypage=0&path=Back%20Up%20Alarm%20Kit%20Bobcat%20Loaders
Ken
Thanks for the pic's, they will help for sure. Once I get into doing this project I will have more questions for sure.
Brian

Luthor

Ken
Thanks for the pic's, they will help for sure. Once I get into doing this project I will have more questions for sure.
Brian
Thanks for the great pictures Ken, I will get 2 switches next week and start making some brackets etc.