Auxillary lines ????? Bobcat 742

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

M700man

While robbing some parts off of my parts machine, today, (engine has been removed), I noticed 2 lines coming straight out towards the engine, that had been plugged off. Of course, I have accounted for the 2 aux. lines running to the front and the 2 lines for the lift arm cylinder, but what are these two lines for ???? I might add that they are located over towards the lefthand side of the machine and about 8 to 10 inches up from the engine compartment floor. Any ideas ? John

Luthor

John, those are the rear Aux. lines, you should have a 4th spool on the valve body to operate them.

Tazza

Staff member
John, those are the rear Aux. lines, you should have a 4th spool on the valve body to operate them.
Exactly, they are usually fitted to the control block, but the linkage is not attached.
They get hooked up to the left hand steering arm with a flexable braided line (good description i know). Mine is plumbed up, but i haven't bothered re-attaching the linkage.

OP
OP
M

M700man

Exactly, they are usually fitted to the control block, but the linkage is not attached.
They get hooked up to the left hand steering arm with a flexable braided line (good description i know). Mine is plumbed up, but i haven't bothered re-attaching the linkage.
Thanks guys. Now for the rest of the dumb questions! What would you use them for ? Why is the linkage not attached? John

Tazza

Staff member
Thanks guys. Now for the rest of the dumb questions! What would you use them for ? Why is the linkage not attached? John
Not a dumb question at all.
They are used for rear stabilizers, they are idea for the use of a back hoe attachment, it will give you better stability and will let you apply more downward force on the attachment as it will move your centre of gravety further back, so you can apply your machines full weight to the attachment.
I think it was a factory option to have it hooked up, as most people would never use it.

OP
OP
M

M700man

Not a dumb question at all.
They are used for rear stabilizers, they are idea for the use of a back hoe attachment, it will give you better stability and will let you apply more downward force on the attachment as it will move your centre of gravety further back, so you can apply your machines full weight to the attachment.
I think it was a factory option to have it hooked up, as most people would never use it.
So, can you control the stabilizers independently or do they both move up and down the same amount of travel, at once ?

Tazza

Staff member
So, can you control the stabilizers independently or do they both move up and down the same amount of travel, at once ?
Unfortunatly its both up or both down, no control of left or right.
The idea of them wasn't to level the machine, its just like a brace to hold the back of the machine up so you have more downwards pressure at the front, and to help prevent the machine skidding around.

Latest posts