Auxillary Hydraulics

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

NJSteve

Hi all. I have a 843 and it's extremely hard to attach the Aux. Hydraulic lines. I read somewhere that theres a pressure release button on the Bobcat, but I can't find anything about that in my manuals. Is there such a thing? It takes all my might to connect the lines and I know there has to be a better way. Thanks

Tazza

Staff member
Not on an 843 sorry. Shut the machine down, wiggle the right control left to right a few times to release any pressure and you are good to go! If its still tight, you may want to get new couplers, they should be firm, but not insanely hard to get to lock up.
Only the new machines have this *feature*.

skidsteer.ca

Not on an 843 sorry. Shut the machine down, wiggle the right control left to right a few times to release any pressure and you are good to go! If its still tight, you may want to get new couplers, they should be firm, but not insanely hard to get to lock up.
Only the new machines have this *feature*.
Actually you don't need that "feature" or a button to push because the manual valve allows you to relieve the pressure just as Tazza described
Ken

Fishfiles

Actually you don't need that "feature" or a button to push because the manual valve allows you to relieve the pressure just as Tazza described
Ken
Something to ponder , If you are the person who took the attachment off of the machine last did not realease the pressure before do so it will have pressure stored in the attachment and even if you do realease the pressure on the machine it will still be hard to snap together , when this is the case I find it easier with both new and old fittings , and really the only way with new style couplers to release the pressure is by cracking open the hose fitting at the coupler , the old style you could push the male couplers pin in against a flat surface , take care not to get sprayed with oil doing it though

TriHonu

Something to ponder , If you are the person who took the attachment off of the machine last did not realease the pressure before do so it will have pressure stored in the attachment and even if you do realease the pressure on the machine it will still be hard to snap together , when this is the case I find it easier with both new and old fittings , and really the only way with new style couplers to release the pressure is by cracking open the hose fitting at the coupler , the old style you could push the male couplers pin in against a flat surface , take care not to get sprayed with oil doing it though
Good point, I find that every hydraulic attachment I use during the winter will have excess pressure in the lines come summer. Once the oil warmed up and expanded I couldn't get the coupler attached to the loader. I was surprised how little fluid squirted out of the hose when I loosened the coupler.
My backhoe attachment has a small valve you can open to bleed off excess pressure in the hydraulic lines before you attach the couplers.

skidsteer.ca

Good point, I find that every hydraulic attachment I use during the winter will have excess pressure in the lines come summer. Once the oil warmed up and expanded I couldn't get the coupler attached to the loader. I was surprised how little fluid squirted out of the hose when I loosened the coupler.
My backhoe attachment has a small valve you can open to bleed off excess pressure in the hydraulic lines before you attach the couplers.
Especially with the new flat couplers, but I have had a few that needed the hose loosend.
On my hoe I had ones with 90 degree fitting coming out to the hoses so I gently persuaded it with a 2 lb hammer. That was'nt a good idea :O
Ken

Fishfiles

Especially with the new flat couplers, but I have had a few that needed the hose loosend.
On my hoe I had ones with 90 degree fitting coming out to the hoses so I gently persuaded it with a 2 lb hammer. That was'nt a good idea :O
Ken
Did you know that there is a seal kit available to repair a leak on a new style male flat face coupler , I have found it hard to get in with damaging it and they are like $25 dollars a kit , I replace the whole coupler when leaking

jerry

Did you know that there is a seal kit available to repair a leak on a new style male flat face coupler , I have found it hard to get in with damaging it and they are like $25 dollars a kit , I replace the whole coupler when leaking
I have seen a article for a device to release the pressure on a coupler so you can connect it and I am still looking for the article. It was basically a fork shaped thing with a large thumbscrew on it, you slipped the fork around the fitting and released the pressure with the screw. It was simple enough and sold for about $30.

jerry

I have seen a article for a device to release the pressure on a coupler so you can connect it and I am still looking for the article. It was basically a fork shaped thing with a large thumbscrew on it, you slipped the fork around the fitting and released the pressure with the screw. It was simple enough and sold for about $30.
I found the article, the tool works like a pliers to grip the coupler and you release the pressure with the screw. the address they give is George Waite, Waites Tools, p.o. box 66 Atwood, Colorado 80722 The phone is 970-522-5696 I called and they do make the tool. Works on flat face ones also I guess.

wings5j

Here's one other idea: I am not sure what models this works on, but some of them have a pressure release tied into the ignition switch. The procedure is as follows: When shutting the machine off, go past the off position (further left) and hold it there for five seconds. I read this in one of my accessory manuals (the one for my snow plow blade). It seems to help on my 742B even though the switch isn't marked to indicate that. Before trying this procedure, I was having a tough time as well. John

Latest posts