Auxiliary hydraulics on 873 Bobcat inop. I've checked electronics to the solenoids.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Fefanatic

I have a 873 Series F Bobcat that the front aux hydraulics are not working. What I have done is checked fuses, and verified that all wiring to the solenoids are good. The two led's on the hydraulic panel are on constant when I push the button twice. I have had it running with the hydraulics engaged and tested the voltage to the solenoid coils and I have a variable voltage according to the position of the switch. I replaced the two coils simply because they had high resistance. When I removed the coils I also removed the two spool valves and cleaned them. I installed the coils to the valves and applied 12 volts to them and there was no movement in the valves with voltage applied. I decided to replace the coils and when I repeated the test the new coils would move the valves and I could hear a audible click when I did. I reinstalled the spool valves and coils and the hydraulics still do not work. It seems like there is no hydraulic fluid getting to the valves in the valve body. I am trying to use a grapple bucket on this machine and I confirmed the bucket is good as we use it on another 873 we have. I have the manual for a 873 G series and the spool valve seems different than this F series. This F series has what looks like electric motors on the side of the valve body to the front and no spool valve levers in the back. I am not sure how those are supposed to work and the only reason I am mentioning it is I haven't found a picture of another valve like it. Does anyone have any ideas why the hydraulic fluid is not getting to valves?

Tazza

Staff member
The only thing i can think of is the main spool in the control block is somehow stuck.
My understanding of the small aux stems operation is that they feed oil to move a larger spool in the control block to move large amounts of oil. The ends will be capped off when looking at the valve body, there should be a spring either end and a spool in between. If the spool is stuck from not being used in a long time, it could be the issue?