Aux. foot pedal, backhoe only works when left side of pedal is pushed

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Wsesparky

My "92 1845c with d100, the book says to lock the right side of the pedal down, but the only way the backhoe will work is if i push the left side down. But then the controls are super sensitive, way to fast moving. Ive tried adjusting the linkage but that didnt work. Any ideas?

Tazza

Staff member
One way you can try yo tame it, is to drop your throttle right back to idle.
If the main issue is side to side movement, you can install restrictors to slow the fluid flow to just these cylinders.

OP
OP
W

Wsesparky

thanks tazza for the reply. even at idle its crazy fast, so restrictors i will have to try next. i better take a hydraulics 101 class first cuz i dont know where they would go, supply line? also could this be the cause of alot of leaks on the backhoe itself? thanks again

Tazza

Staff member
thanks tazza for the reply. even at idle its crazy fast, so restrictors i will have to try next. i better take a hydraulics 101 class first cuz i dont know where they would go, supply line? also could this be the cause of alot of leaks on the backhoe itself? thanks again
Leaks come over time, the older the machine, more leaks you get.
If the ther controls are good speed, and only the side to side is the issue, you put a restrictor in a fitting. If you have gear, you can take out a fitting to the cylinder, weld up the hole and drill a smaller one, sizes are just trial and error. Others have installed washers, but i am not sure where you can do this and not have them move around.