Attach/detach from aux hydraulics

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

skippyman

Hi All, I just got a Bobcat 763. All seems great with it. However, I want to use a post hole auget with it and have no idea how to use the secondary hydraulics. i.e. I know to move the steering lever to the outside to activate, but what about connecting.disconnecting the auger. What is the procedure I should follow? I read somthing about depressurizing the system, to remove the attachment, how do you do that? Thanks in advance

skidsteer.ca

There will be a "auxilary hydraulics" push button up on the dash.
With the seatbar down, engine running....
Push the aux button once (one of the lights on or beside it will light) then use the thumb switch on the RH steering lever to start, stop or reverse the 'momentary flow.
You can test this with no attachment on, just activate the aux hyd button, then you should hear the engine labour when you push the thumb switch either left or right of center.
If the manual is still in the pocket beside the seat this will be fully explaned in there.
Ken
Ken

sterlclan

There will be a "auxilary hydraulics" push button up on the dash.
With the seatbar down, engine running....
Push the aux button once (one of the lights on or beside it will light) then use the thumb switch on the RH steering lever to start, stop or reverse the 'momentary flow.
You can test this with no attachment on, just activate the aux hyd button, then you should hear the engine labour when you push the thumb switch either left or right of center.
If the manual is still in the pocket beside the seat this will be fully explaned in there.
Ken
Ken
unless its older then it wont have a button just a valve in the stick either way run the aux hydraulics while shutting the machine off and the pressure will go away and make it easier to unhook the lines ....Jeff

Tazza

Staff member
unless its older then it wont have a button just a valve in the stick either way run the aux hydraulics while shutting the machine off and the pressure will go away and make it easier to unhook the lines ....Jeff
Thats what i do, i have an older machine and when i shut the machine down i just wiggle the right steering lever to release pressure in the 4 in 1. Of cousre this doesn't help people with newer style machines that have a thumb switch....

skidsteer.ca

Thats what i do, i have an older machine and when i shut the machine down i just wiggle the right steering lever to release pressure in the 4 in 1. Of cousre this doesn't help people with newer style machines that have a thumb switch....
Pretty sure all 763 were to new to have a manual valve activated by pushing the RH steering lever left or right..
I believe all models up to the G series (when triangle shaped headlites started) you simply turned the ignition key fully counter clockwise and held it for a few seconds.
On the G series there is a Auxilary pressure relief button up on the dash in the row for
bucket positioning, aux hyd, and press release. Push the one to the far right in the row, it will cause the engine to stop, then turn the key off and you ready to unhook your couplers.
Ken

skidboy

Pretty sure all 763 were to new to have a manual valve activated by pushing the RH steering lever left or right..
I believe all models up to the G series (when triangle shaped headlites started) you simply turned the ignition key fully counter clockwise and held it for a few seconds.
On the G series there is a Auxilary pressure relief button up on the dash in the row for
bucket positioning, aux hyd, and press release. Push the one to the far right in the row, it will cause the engine to stop, then turn the key off and you ready to unhook your couplers.
Ken
If you give us a model ,either C,F or G.We can tell you exactly what to do

Fishfiles

Having the aux engaged while you kill the engine will release the pressure , but the right way to depressure the aux on a 763 Bobcat is have the machine running and turn the key the oppisite way of start and hold it for a couple of seconds , watch for the hydraulic hoses to relax and you know you did it right