ASV Quality/Reliability Question?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

1stbobcat

The ASV's look like nice machines and supposedly are the smoothest ride, but I'm told that their undercarriages are their weakpoint. Was told that they use plastic parts in the track carriage assemblies and they cost $12,000 to rebuild the undercarriages, blah blah blah. Any ASV owners out there care to dispute this or elaborate? I've seen several used units for sale that seem to be significantly lower priced than some of the other mfr's. Is there a reason for this? Are they a maintenance nightmare? Looking for insight on them! Thanks in advance!

PrivadoMason

They are high quality machines. But the pozi track undercarriage is designed with those rubber rolllers and are part of the reason they have such a smooth ride, and there are many rumors on the web that do say that they aren't "long" lasting. If you are looking into a tracked machine I would suggest the conventional tracks, they are very common and I'm sure their undercarriages on most brands and reliable and durable.

OP
OP

1stbobcat

They are high quality machines. But the pozi track undercarriage is designed with those rubber rolllers and are part of the reason they have such a smooth ride, and there are many rumors on the web that do say that they aren't "long" lasting. If you are looking into a tracked machine I would suggest the conventional tracks, they are very common and I'm sure their undercarriages on most brands and reliable and durable.
Thanks for the Feedback on the ASV's appreciate it!

TOWPKG

Sure you're welcome
I recently bought a PT30 and a PT60. Doing all of the maintenance now, and looking for a better parts source. A friend also had a 50, now a 60 and loves it. For sure the undercarriage is expensive to repair if you buy retail..... I plan to be nice to mine. There are aftermarket undercarriage component makers. I'm searching for wholesale pricing as retail is for the birds - either through one that wants to increase volume, piggyback an order, wants to start a good ongoing relationship, or all of the above.

OP
OP

1stbobcat

I recently bought a PT30 and a PT60. Doing all of the maintenance now, and looking for a better parts source. A friend also had a 50, now a 60 and loves it. For sure the undercarriage is expensive to repair if you buy retail..... I plan to be nice to mine. There are aftermarket undercarriage component makers. I'm searching for wholesale pricing as retail is for the birds - either through one that wants to increase volume, piggyback an order, wants to start a good ongoing relationship, or all of the above.
Thanks for the feedback TOWPKG!