Anyone have older machines?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Shifty

I'll try this again. Don't know where my previous post ended up? I have a L-35 that I bought at auction a couple miles from here last summer, and drove home. The guy that sold it said it needed an engine overhaul, and I thought it needed a carburetor overhaul. Fortunately my diagnosis was correct, and I have a nice machine that I've been doing some landscaping with, and pushing snow around with this winter. I found a slip in the manual I got with it say's 1978, and from looking back through this forums posts I think that may be correct. Soon as I figured that part out I loaded it on my antique truck as cargo, and took it to a truck show, but I was just wondering if anyone here shows their machines at Farm, and Construction shows? http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/Freightman/th_6-29-08011.jpg
th_6-29-08011.jpg

Tazza

Staff member
I don't know of anyone that has taken their machine to a show. I owned a 731 that was made in 1978, was a great machine up to the time i sold it. 30 year old machines aren't that *vintage* yet, there are ones that are even older kicking around that are still being used! and they still operate well.

Earthwerks Unlimited

I don't know of anyone that has taken their machine to a show. I owned a 731 that was made in 1978, was a great machine up to the time i sold it. 30 year old machines aren't that *vintage* yet, there are ones that are even older kicking around that are still being used! and they still operate well.
I kinda giggled when I read the tread but then I thought about it.
I hadn't really thought of construction equipment being "shown".
About the closest thing I've done to being proud of my machine was when new my '05 Ls185.b got a nice hand waxing. Then a month later and only 12 hours on a new machine I drove over a thousand miles to clean up Hurricane Katrina. Within a few hours-- literally---working down there it was toast. When I was still down there, I repainted all the yellow parts with intentions of repainting the dark gray. Every square inch is either scuffed, sun-faded, rusted, dented, chipped, or scraped. Anymore, when I walk by her I hang my head and look the other way. I do plan on repainting her and buying new aperture wheels/tires and new sheet metal--some of which has already been replaced due to guilt.

Tazza

Staff member
I kinda giggled when I read the tread but then I thought about it.
I hadn't really thought of construction equipment being "shown".
About the closest thing I've done to being proud of my machine was when new my '05 Ls185.b got a nice hand waxing. Then a month later and only 12 hours on a new machine I drove over a thousand miles to clean up Hurricane Katrina. Within a few hours-- literally---working down there it was toast. When I was still down there, I repainted all the yellow parts with intentions of repainting the dark gray. Every square inch is either scuffed, sun-faded, rusted, dented, chipped, or scraped. Anymore, when I walk by her I hang my head and look the other way. I do plan on repainting her and buying new aperture wheels/tires and new sheet metal--some of which has already been replaced due to guilt.
LOL
I was the same with my rebuilt 743, every tree i nudge i utter some bad words... All the time and effort in the paint job that i just damaged when i touch things, but in the end whats the point? no matter what you WILL hit something and damage your pretty paint. Now i don't worry too much as i have lost count of each and every scratch i have put on it....
As for *showing* there was a Bobcat road show, i remember Mark telling me that they had some fully re-built 3 wheel loaders, the starting point of the skid steer loader, one of their first models. So they are technically shown, but i don't think by your every day owner operator, just by Bobcat them selves.