Older l779 right stick doesn't want to go forward

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

riftware

I have an older skid steer and the right hand stick was working until today and it still works fine in reverse. If I push hard against the stick it won't go to the Forward position very far but the right hand wheels will turn slowly while pushing forward the little movement the stick allows so I don't think I have a motor problem when I pull the plate under the seat the linkage looks okay but the bit that pivots on the top of the motor doesn't seem to want to pivot to the forward position anymore. I'm I'm assuming that something is loose or not in the proper spot internally but how much do I have to tear apart to get to the linkage inside the motor ? Do I have to pull them a whole motor?

River Fluid Power

I have an older skid steer and the right hand stick was working until today and it still works fine in reverse. If I push hard against the stick it won't go to the Forward position very far but the right hand wheels will turn slowly while pushing forward the little movement the stick allows so I don't think I have a motor problem when I pull the plate under the seat the linkage looks okay but the bit that pivots on the top of the motor doesn't seem to want to pivot to the forward position anymore. I'm I'm assuming that something is loose or not in the proper spot internally but how much do I have to tear apart to get to the linkage inside the motor ? Do I have to pull them a whole motor?
I believe your pump has a solid camplate in it. If it isn't rotating equal distance both ways, I would think that you have something blocking it internally. Pull the control handle off the side and see if it will move better without the linkage attached. You will need leverage. If it isn't better, you will need to pull the pump apart.