Another Bobcat in th stable .

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

gearbox

Today I went to look at a 610 witch turned out to be a 600 . Well it followed me home . Another one in the bobcat family 2 500's and now a 600 . Shop is getting full .

OP
OP
G

gearbox

congrats, i hope its in working order, you can never have too many toys
When I buy them they are never in working order . More like I feel good if I don't have to pull then on the trailer . This one has hydraulic problems that sound like air leaking in the suction side . First a new filter and see if that fixes the cavitation or air problem . This one will be for a family member who started a landscape business this spring .

thynes

When I buy them they are never in working order . More like I feel good if I don't have to pull then on the trailer . This one has hydraulic problems that sound like air leaking in the suction side . First a new filter and see if that fixes the cavitation or air problem . This one will be for a family member who started a landscape business this spring .
Pictures? :) Tim in Mass

7LBSSMALLIE

noturios for suction leaks at hose to filter. spred shavining cream on it and look for dimples.

OP
OP
G

gearbox

noturios for suction leaks at hose to filter. spred shavining cream on it and look for dimples.
good idea on the shaving cream . Most of the time I change the filter 3 or 4 times along with a oil change to get the chain cases cleaned out . So far the 500 with the water cooled Briggs is working out great . About 80 hrs on it so far .

OP
OP
G

gearbox

good idea on the shaving cream . Most of the time I change the filter 3 or 4 times along with a oil change to get the chain cases cleaned out . So far the 500 with the water cooled Briggs is working out great . About 80 hrs on it so far .
New drive belt and the alternator came back today . Boy is busy raking leaves . His machine so he will learn to work on it . He looked good standing on his head putting the drive belt on while I spoiled the great granddaughter 4 .

wings5j

New drive belt and the alternator came back today . Boy is busy raking leaves . His machine so he will learn to work on it . He looked good standing on his head putting the drive belt on while I spoiled the great granddaughter 4 .
Now you are talking. Training the next generation and playing with the grandkids is the best tip I have read today :) John

OP
OP
G

gearbox

Now you are talking. Training the next generation and playing with the grandkids is the best tip I have read today :) John
Well things aren't always roses . The engine clutch is loose on the crank and the set screws are broken off just below the socket . working on grinding them out with Dremal man are they hard carbide couldn't do it . Any one know how hard the crank is . The clutch is still avalible but not cheap $475 I think .