(Another)Bobcat fuel line problem-753

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Graham

My 753 appeared to run out of fuel but the tank was half full. I cannot get fuel to flow from the supply line. I have disconnected the line to the bulb and if I suck on it, one suck nothing a second suck (no jokes please) and the vacuum pressure is released with a hiss sound through the fuel filler breather. If I blow into the fuel supply line it appears to build up pressure and when I release the pressure (my tongue on the tube end) the pressure blows back into my mouth, but no fuel comes out. Is there a filter in the tank that is blocked?

Tazza

Staff member
There should be a filter with a 1 way valve at the end of the fuel pickup.

Fishfiles

Fuel pick up tube broke off in tank , new fuel line is hard plastic , old style was soft plastic , it deteriated and fell off in the tank , bet if you filled it up to the neck of the fill tube you can start it up and run for about 5 minutes , till the level get down , easy fit pick up tube and a rubber grommet

OP
OP
G

Graham

Fuel pick up tube broke off in tank , new fuel line is hard plastic , old style was soft plastic , it deteriated and fell off in the tank , bet if you filled it up to the neck of the fill tube you can start it up and run for about 5 minutes , till the level get down , easy fit pick up tube and a rubber grommet
Tazza & Fishfiles, thanks. I didn't know if I would break something if I pulled the pick-up out. So having this info., I pulled the pick-up out with the grommet and sure enough the plastic was broken leaving only 1 inch of pick-up. As a quick fix I have put a length of fuel line into the tank and the Bobcat is running. Now I am going to order a new pick-up tube assembly. Again thanks for your help.