aftermarket tracks????

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

siduramaxde

I was wondering if anyone on here has bought another brand of tracks besides Bridgestone? My dealer told me the Bridgestone tracks last the longest. My original tracks have 1600+ hours on them and they need replacing. My bobcat dealer wants $4000 a set for the bridgestones but I found a local farm tire dealer that told me $3600 a set for bridgestones. However, the farm tire dealer is telling me that he is having a hard time locating a set and said it might be 2 months b4 he gets them. I can't wait 2 months and I don't want to spend $4000 if I don't have too. Do the aftermarket tracks hold up as good as the bridgestones?

OP
OP
S

siduramaxde

Well, I went to bobcat yesterday and picked up a new set of bridgestone tracks. After hearing some horror stories I decided it would be worth the extra money for bridgestone tracks. My bobcat dealer came down to $1850 per track which got me out the door just below $4000 including tax. Then came the hard part...putting the new tracks on. I never realized how heavy the tracks are (especially the new ones). I could barely get the tracks off the back of my truck much less muscle them onto the machine. I was able to get the new tracks on by myself but I wouldn't recomend just anyone trying this. I used a come-along, chain, multiple 2x4's, metal pipe, prybars, and lots of swearing to get them on. It took me about 4 hours total to remove the old ones and get the new ones on. However, I think the first one took about 3 hours and the second only took 1 hour. Lets just say that I learned a bit while putting the first one on. I got the c pattern bridgestone track and they ride much smoother than the old tracks.

goodtech

Well, I went to bobcat yesterday and picked up a new set of bridgestone tracks. After hearing some horror stories I decided it would be worth the extra money for bridgestone tracks. My bobcat dealer came down to $1850 per track which got me out the door just below $4000 including tax. Then came the hard part...putting the new tracks on. I never realized how heavy the tracks are (especially the new ones). I could barely get the tracks off the back of my truck much less muscle them onto the machine. I was able to get the new tracks on by myself but I wouldn't recomend just anyone trying this. I used a come-along, chain, multiple 2x4's, metal pipe, prybars, and lots of swearing to get them on. It took me about 4 hours total to remove the old ones and get the new ones on. However, I think the first one took about 3 hours and the second only took 1 hour. Lets just say that I learned a bit while putting the first one on. I got the c pattern bridgestone track and they ride much smoother than the old tracks.
From what I have seen out there the bridgestones so far are outlasting any of the aftermarket tracks. All I use to put the tracks on is a 6 ft bar, get the track up and over the drive motor and the rear idler, pull it close to the front, start the machine and drive the track on using the bar to push against the track and letting it guide itself on. once you have done it a couple of times they don't take to long. You think that those where heavy... try the 442 tracks by yourself.