Adding Tachometer

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

1ofU

Hello, you can go on Ebay and pick one up from 45-100 dollars ,, shipped ..

Tazza

Staff member
Hello, you can go on Ebay and pick one up from 45-100 dollars ,, shipped ..
They have ones that hook up to the injector lines, you tell it how many cylinders and it senses how many fuel pulses it feels from said line, very clever.
I second the fleabay suggestion, they will have multiple options.

OP
OP
Muskoka00

Muskoka00

They have ones that hook up to the injector lines, you tell it how many cylinders and it senses how many fuel pulses it feels from said line, very clever.
I second the fleabay suggestion, they will have multiple options.
Found this one and will install to see how it works. Very simple uses magnet and picks up the rotating pulse. Battery, no hard wiring needed. http://andytach.com/shop2/tachometer/tachometer-hourmeter-sensor.html

Tazza

Staff member
Found this one and will install to see how it works. Very simple uses magnet and picks up the rotating pulse. Battery, no hard wiring needed. http://andytach.com/shop2/tachometer/tachometer-hourmeter-sensor.html
No reason why it won't work, you just need to find somewhere to mount the pickup.

mauro70

No reason why it won't work, you just need to find somewhere to mount the pickup.
Hello, maybe someone here can help, I just bought an unit with the display panel broken, and I wanted to replace it to read the errors and so on- and to keep a log from now on of maintenance, So my panel is the standard left hand with the buttons from left to right: Light, Min/idle, Aux, and Message; and since I don't have the options for Idle/min, nor the Aux; I figured I could replace it with a new unit that I found online, the engine will start and then die, with the new display. Does Bobcat need to re-program this unit? or do I need to buy the exact part number from them; any help would be appreciated.