Adding factory door to 2012 318D. Wiring diagram would help.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

JD318D

I just bought a 318D skid steer that did not have a factory door as an option. The equipment company I bought it from ordered a door for me and now that I have it installed I see that there is nowhere to plug in the wiper motor and washer control. The equipment rep suggested I make my own pigtail for it which I can do although I'd prefer to keep the machine as factory as possible. I also know this door needs an interlock to prevent door damage from the boom. I haven't found a plug in the wiring harness that matches the door although the engine bay has a plug for the washer pump motor. Does anyone know the source of a wiring diagram for this machine?

lfutrell

The parts manual showes 3 different wiring harness's for a 318d. if your machine didn't come with all the options it may not have the connections in your current harness.

OP
OP
J

JD318D

The parts manual showes 3 different wiring harness's for a 318d. if your machine didn't come with all the options it may not have the connections in your current harness.
I pulled down the left side of the ceiling and found the plug tucked way up inside of it. You are correct, these come with different wiring harness options. To add any other factory options I'd have to chage the wiring harness. Thanks.

DirtVanDigger

I pulled down the left side of the ceiling and found the plug tucked way up inside of it. You are correct, these come with different wiring harness options. To add any other factory options I'd have to chage the wiring harness. Thanks.
The dealer you bought from should have had those options for you. The factory door is typically a dealer installed product and dealers should have the appropriate harnesses on hand.

OP
OP
J

JD318D

The dealer you bought from should have had those options for you. The factory door is typically a dealer installed product and dealers should have the appropriate harnesses on hand.
Well I am working with the dealer on this, but the door was installed after the machine was delivered and it was missing parts. If the salesman wasn't so damned nice, I would complain about the lack of technical detail (and parts) that should have come with the door upgrade. Instead I have chosen to become an informed consumer and help them get the rest of the parts for me by researching part numbers. I think I will get a working machine much faster this way even though I shouldn't have to be doing this work myself.

mechtech

Well I am working with the dealer on this, but the door was installed after the machine was delivered and it was missing parts. If the salesman wasn't so damned nice, I would complain about the lack of technical detail (and parts) that should have come with the door upgrade. Instead I have chosen to become an informed consumer and help them get the rest of the parts for me by researching part numbers. I think I will get a working machine much faster this way even though I shouldn't have to be doing this work myself.
It is my understanding, the Door itself is not an option; the option is for an enclosed cab. That option would include a door, side windows, and Heat and Air Conditioning.