Adding a hydraulic cylinder to angle my broom

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

MBM1

Hi all, this is my first post, I'm hoping it's in the right place. I have a rotary broom that doesn't have hydraulic assisted angle. As i'm sure anyone will agree, stopping the machine, getting out, kicking the broom around and getting back in again is not only a PITA, but lets face it, one of these times i'm going to trip and face plant on the broom..... So I'd like to add a cylinder to move the broom from the cab, same as I do with my plow. I have an 06 s205 with the 7 and the 14 pin connectors. Since the 7 pin is CAN-Bus, that will be out of the question. What I'd like to know is does anyone know the wiring pinouts for the connector so I can determine which control switch in the cab will run the angle? Any thoughts? help would be appreciated. Thanks.

skidsteer.ca

On the 14 pin you need to find 2 circuits (one for angle R and one for L) with your test light. They need to provide a mometary 12v power to a electric over hyd valve that will rob some of the flow running the broom and divert it to the angle cylinder. Do you have a valve picked out?
Ken

OP
OP
M

MBM1

On the 14 pin you need to find 2 circuits (one for angle R and one for L) with your test light. They need to provide a mometary 12v power to a electric over hyd valve that will rob some of the flow running the broom and divert it to the angle cylinder. Do you have a valve picked out?
Ken
Hi Ken, thank you for the reply. I've read a lot of your other posts and I'm glad to have you offer assistance. Finding the two circuits sounds pretty straight forward. As for a valve and cylinder nothing yet. I was thinking that the local Princess Auto here in town might have something., and I was going to look there first. Any recomendations? Also, do you know where I might be able to find the mating 14 pin plug for the one on my machine?

skidsteer.ca

Hi Ken, thank you for the reply. I've read a lot of your other posts and I'm glad to have you offer assistance. Finding the two circuits sounds pretty straight forward. As for a valve and cylinder nothing yet. I was thinking that the local Princess Auto here in town might have something., and I was going to look there first. Any recomendations? Also, do you know where I might be able to find the mating 14 pin plug for the one on my machine?
Princess should be able to help with a valve. The only thing I'm not sure is how the valve devides the flow into a separate output for the cylinder, so the broom motor keeps turning while angling. ( I guess the broom could stop too) I know of other compnents that can be added to the valve to achive this but somehow the valve does this on the factory setup.
I can get the 14 pin harness through Erskine, but they are over $100 (plug with 6' of 6 strand wire) If you strike out at Bobcat, I'd search the net for electronic or wireing supply places. Someone must have them.
For my own attachments just use a 6 wire trailer plug, (small round one, they are metal and the cover locks them in) much cheaper and just as good. Perhaps you could tie one into your 14 wire harness if you have room to mount yet another plug on the loader.
Ken

LS180

You can use the 7 pin here is the pin out This is the pinout that I am finding for Bobcat attachments that interface to the 7 pin connector on the front of the machine: D – N/U 2 – N/U A – CAN High B – CAN Low 3 – Ground C – Ground 1 – Switched Power Use 1 and 3 for power and ground run your own harness and switch to your valve. A PT valve would work for this application

OP
OP
M

MBM1

You can use the 7 pin here is the pin out This is the pinout that I am finding for Bobcat attachments that interface to the 7 pin connector on the front of the machine: D – N/U 2 – N/U A – CAN High B – CAN Low 3 – Ground C – Ground 1 – Switched Power Use 1 and 3 for power and ground run your own harness and switch to your valve. A PT valve would work for this application
Thanks for the info LS180. Do you happen to know what the current capability is on those pins? From what I understand with that connector being CAN-Bus, i'd assume it's not set up for a large draw. I'm fairly new to hydraulic components, but I have a good head to figure it out, what exactly is a PT valve? Any other information you have would be much appreciated.

LS180

Thanks for the info LS180. Do you happen to know what the current capability is on those pins? From what I understand with that connector being CAN-Bus, i'd assume it's not set up for a large draw. I'm fairly new to hydraulic components, but I have a good head to figure it out, what exactly is a PT valve? Any other information you have would be much appreciated.
As long as you DO NOT use the can pins you will be ok. There are 3 types of valves. 1. PT (porposional time) cheapest it is 12 volts on or off 2. porporisonal current (PC) 3. porposonal volatage (PV) the PT acts like a light switch on/off nicknamed bang bang valve. The PC,PV act like a rheostat smother operation.

OP
OP
M

MBM1

As long as you DO NOT use the can pins you will be ok. There are 3 types of valves. 1. PT (porposional time) cheapest it is 12 volts on or off 2. porporisonal current (PC) 3. porposonal volatage (PV) the PT acts like a light switch on/off nicknamed bang bang valve. The PC,PV act like a rheostat smother operation.
Thanks a lot LS180, I greatly appreciate the information on the valve types. In your previous post you indicated which pins do which function, however I'm wondering if these are listed on the connector. Do they number clockwise or in some other scheme?

LS180

Thanks a lot LS180, I greatly appreciate the information on the valve types. In your previous post you indicated which pins do which function, however I'm wondering if these are listed on the connector. Do they number clockwise or in some other scheme?
While looking at the pins the numbers or alpha will be embossed in the rubber. I have to use my glasses.