Adapter plates

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Kefrko

Good morning everyone. I am a new member and this is my first post on your site. I purchased a used Case 1835b two years ago and this is my first skid steer. After some repairs and feeling somewhat comfortable with it's reliability I have decided to add a universal quick attach and replace the existing Case loader bar. I feel like a found a decent one online but now I'm trying to decide on the adapter plates to retrofit to my buckets. I have seen full adapter plates, cutout plates and some that looked like a hybrid between the two. Is there any advantage to one over the others? I realize the limitations of my machine in regards to its size and lifting abilities. With that being said, how thick of an adapter plate should I be looking at? I want it to be safe but it doesn't need to be over engineered either. I have seen plates anywhere from 1/4"-1/2". Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Gearclash

1/4" has proven to be too light for those machines if you use them hard. 5/16" holds up well. I prefer a cutout style of plate to allow better tool visibility when applicable, and less tare weight.

My preference when converting those machines to Quick Tach is to use a semi finished plate from River Valley Machine in Dubuque IA. Reasonably priced, well built, and all the moving parts are available through Case Construction via the 400 series skidsteers. They are all universal wide; those machines technically are supposed to have a universal narrow plate, but they are less common and the wide plate can be made to work.