A few pics..........

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bobcat_ron

I recently did a job with my brother who had dug a manure pit in Sumas Prairie, due to a high water table, Canadian Dewatering was in and set up a perimeter vacuum pipeline with constant 24/7 pumping, this enabled us to dig down to the required depth of 54 inches without hitting water. Only problem was that due to have interior walls to support the pre-cast concrete slotted floors, there needed to be 7 footing trenches dug, measuring 8x32" and the full length, 100 x 250 feet long with perimeter and center footings, this was a problem. None of our excavators have a 32" bucket, so we needed to rent a very tiny CAT 301.8, this "thing" was tiny, only 10 feet of reach and all the sand had to be removed as the trenches were dug. That's where I came in, I used my T190 CTL with a dumping hopper I bought earlier this summer and I spent 3 1/2 days moving massive amounts of sand. Each trench dug I dumped 4-5 hopper loads, with a heaped capacity of over 90 cubic feet, 7 trenches averaging 11 trips, that's alot of sand. The hopper performed flawlessly, it sped up the trench digging and worked better than I expected in the loose lake bottom sand. So with out further adieu, the pics.
Pictures038.jpg

Pictures040.jpg

The dewatering pump, one lonely engine:
Pictures041.jpg

Half of the material moved, it's just as high as the top of the boom on our 320:
Pictures042.jpg

Pictures043.jpg

Pictures045.jpg

We did the outside trenches with the 60" bucket on the bigger 320, this took even less time and made seriously quick loads:
Pictures048.jpg

The view as the sand shower filled the bucket:
Pictures049.jpg

Coffee time:
Pictures052.jpg

BIG DIFFERENCE!!
Pictures050.jpg

Man I hope these pics show up, this is one wierd forum board for posting pics.