a couple of switches in an lx565

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

xtreem3d

hi guys, in my lx 565 on the right side up top by a fuse cover i have a white toggle switch labeled "run" and "service" i also have a black spring loaded button w/ what looks like a light bulb filament icon by it what are both of them? steve

heatpumpproducts

hi jim ,
the togle is for run , when you first start the unit . seat belt , turn switch to run , turn key one click to the right ,wait for the heater timer to beep , after it counts down , and then start .
after your done turn the switch to service , or off , this will saves the battery too.
the spring loaded button is for glow plugs . use them when the unit has not been run for a while , like over nite , or when its real cold , -5 c and colder .

OP
OP
X

xtreem3d

hi jim ,
the togle is for run , when you first start the unit . seat belt , turn switch to run , turn key one click to the right ,wait for the heater timer to beep , after it counts down , and then start .
after your done turn the switch to service , or off , this will saves the battery too.
the spring loaded button is for glow plugs . use them when the unit has not been run for a while , like over nite , or when its real cold , -5 c and colder .
thank you... can you explain what is draining any juice from batt that i need to turn switch to service after i shut her down? TIA, steve

mllud

Steve
I think the seat belt/switch curcit stays hot even with the ignition off. When you switch the service on it locks out the seat belt curcit.Thats why you can start in service without the seat belt.
I would check the wires and switches under the seat for somthing rubbing thru the insulation or a bad switch.
If its not draining in service mode it could be because the curcit is off in service mode. Thats all I can think of. Mike

OP
OP
X

xtreem3d

Steve
I think the seat belt/switch curcit stays hot even with the ignition off. When you switch the service on it locks out the seat belt curcit.Thats why you can start in service without the seat belt.
I would check the wires and switches under the seat for somthing rubbing thru the insulation or a bad switch.
If its not draining in service mode it could be because the curcit is off in service mode. Thats all I can think of. Mike
thanks mike..i didn't speak correctly i don't have any drain on my battery i was wanting to know what COULD drain my battery.... i get it now, everytime you sit on the seat the dash lights up even w/ out the key so now i understand what the switch does, steve