98 case 1838 creeps left

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

cporath

I am new to skid steers, actually I just purchased my first one yesterday! I bought a 1998 case 1838 on my local craigslist for $6000. It is in very good shape. The only problem is that when you stop the machine it wants to creep left, but if you bump the controls slightly it will hold still, I was just wondering if this could just be an adjustment issue? There doesnt appear that there is any hydraulic issues with the steering or anything else so im hoping this will be an easy fix. How would I go about adjusting, if that is the case?

Tazza

Staff member
Thats a simple pump adjustment. I don't know how its done on your machine though but with Bobcat there is a bar that the pintle bars touch to hold it centre, with time they wear and you need to re-adjust to take up the wear. It can be done! so its not a *problem* as such.
Hopefully another member can tell you how its done on your machine.

OP
OP
C

cporath

Thats a simple pump adjustment. I don't know how its done on your machine though but with Bobcat there is a bar that the pintle bars touch to hold it centre, with time they wear and you need to re-adjust to take up the wear. It can be done! so its not a *problem* as such.
Hopefully another member can tell you how its done on your machine.
Thanks for the response! That is makes me feel better knowing it IS just an adjustment. Has anyone out there made this adjustment? Do i have to flip up the cab to get to the linkage? Also, how DO you flip the cab up? Also has anybody built a root grapple for a skid steer? I am a skilled welder/fabricator with a shop full of goodies and thought it would be a wise investment. Anybody have any thoughts on it?