975 Bobcat

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bobcat763

Did these size Bobcats sell well i have only seen them in plants and top soil dealers. They where hard to transport as they where so heavy. They were not that bigger then a S850 that is made now.

Tazza

Staff member
I don't believe they were that popular, as you know they are massive. I have never seen one, i have only seen pictures.

Bobcatdan

I don't believe they were that popular, as you know they are massive. I have never seen one, i have only seen pictures.
None of the 900 series was very poular other then maybe the 963s and those are few and far between. They where very expensive at a time when 743 and 753 where the most popular skidsteers in the world. They where also very problematic. Stay away from them, 900 series machines send a cold shiver down anybody's back who has worked on them. The guys who have 963 love the damn things and will run them forever. I would like to see a 980 in person just once, not work it, but just to see one.

OP
OP
B

bobcat763

None of the 900 series was very poular other then maybe the 963s and those are few and far between. They where very expensive at a time when 743 and 753 where the most popular skidsteers in the world. They where also very problematic. Stay away from them, 900 series machines send a cold shiver down anybody's back who has worked on them. The guys who have 963 love the damn things and will run them forever. I would like to see a 980 in person just once, not work it, but just to see one.
Did 975s have seat bars what wast the first bobcat to have a seat bar

Bobcatdan

someones got a 943 on ebay right now with a 913 backhoe attachment. the backhoe is HUGE. it has be 10' tall at least..and it has extendahoe.
I had to work on a 974 this fall, what an over grown pile of junk and a major pain the butt to do anything on. One should be saved for a museum somewhere and the rest melted down. No they do not have seat bars. They were built before safety was invented.

Tazza

Staff member
I had to work on a 974 this fall, what an over grown pile of junk and a major pain the butt to do anything on. One should be saved for a museum somewhere and the rest melted down. No they do not have seat bars. They were built before safety was invented.
hehe before safety was invented, i love that one.
I'd imagine being so big, no matter what you wanted to work on, you'd need lifting gear to move it.....

Bobcatdan

hehe before safety was invented, i love that one.
I'd imagine being so big, no matter what you wanted to work on, you'd need lifting gear to move it.....
The cabs have an electric jack to raise the cab, there is no way a person is going to do it. The unit I worked on, that jack didn't work. There is no getting over how big these are, they make a S300 look like a 463.

Bookman

I have a 975 Bobcat that I wish I could repair. It travels great but when it gets hot it will barely move. No one will even look at it.