95XT fuel line leaking

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Rommelsboy

I have a 2003 Case 95XT with less than 500 hours on it. I discovered yesterday that the fuel from the tank to the in-line fuel filter is leaking. I was going to cut it and extend it but realize the remaining old fuel might leak as well. I want to change the the entire fuel line from the tank to the in-line fuel filter. I can't seam to locate where it goes from the tank. It seems there is a lot I have to take off just to access it. Any suggest on the easiest way to repair this? Thanks.

tndigger

The rubber fuel line on my 90XT was leaking. Don't remember how I found it but it was a very light mist coming from the hose. Very hard to access the line at the bottom of the tank. I removed the oil cooler and radiator to get to the line.

OP
OP
R

Rommelsboy

The rubber fuel line on my 90XT was leaking. Don't remember how I found it but it was a very light mist coming from the hose. Very hard to access the line at the bottom of the tank. I removed the oil cooler and radiator to get to the line.
Thanks tndigger! I'm gonna try it tomorrow. Is there a way to hang it without having to remove it completely?

tndigger

Thanks tndigger! I'm gonna try it tomorrow. Is there a way to hang it without having to remove it completely?
I assume you mean the radiator. I didn't see a way to leave it attached. I think it is easier to leave the lower hose attached to the radiator and take the connection off at the engine. When the radiator is out of the way this is a good time to give the engine area and belly a good cleaning.

richies chop shop

Great advice,,,,I'm pretty sick of smelling fuel ....and the belly pan needs a serious cleaning .....I believe the constant vibration caused the leak ...Richie

richies chop shop

For all skid steer owners....if you can take the time to locate all RUB THROUGH POINTS,,,then wrap each point,,,,you will save time and a small fortune....fuel lines,,hydraulic lines,,, any lines that rub ....Richie

richies chop shop

Richie here ..progress on the 03 75XT .....Answering a couple questions and leaving a couple pics ....1..radiator should be removed to replace fuel line ....I was able to swing out and hang oil cooler with straps ......removing fan shroud and fan helps a lot .....and there is the fitting....

Attachments

• 20221209_173659.jpg
    20221209_173659.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 53
  • 20221209_173659.jpg
    20221209_173659.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 58