907 backhoe stabiliser problem

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Onemancrew

Hello, I'm a new member just signed up, this an awesome little site I'm so glad I found it whilst searching for an answer on google.... I'm hoping somebody could help me with a problem I'm hang with a 907 backhoe attachment I just bought. I bought the attachment in rough shape, it's missing a few pins here and there, the handles next to the levers are bent but everything seems to work bar a few leaks that I haven't sorted yet. Anyways, my problem is the verticle stabilisers, one of them works fine, the other doesn't retract properly.. It just hangs there... .I'm assuming a pin is missing but I cannot for the life of me figure out how it works, can any body help? Do I need to pull out the entire hydraulic cylinder just to replace a pin?

Tazza

Staff member
It could be bad seals too, allowing the oil to bypass.
As for pins, there will be one top and bottom. The top one is easy to see, but the bottom one you need the leg to be down and you should be able to see a pin down the bottom that goes through the part that the leg is welded to. Mine came without this pin too, but i made a new one up after cleaning the dirt out of the hole that the pin was meant to be in.

OP
OP
O

Onemancrew

It could be bad seals too, allowing the oil to bypass.
As for pins, there will be one top and bottom. The top one is easy to see, but the bottom one you need the leg to be down and you should be able to see a pin down the bottom that goes through the part that the leg is welded to. Mine came without this pin too, but i made a new one up after cleaning the dirt out of the hole that the pin was meant to be in.
Hmm, interesting, the stabiliser still seems to work when I drop the hydraulic, so I'm hoping it's just the pin... I have the pin that connects the foot to the pole but the pin that connects the hydraulic to the pole I can't even see it.. Is that what you mean by putting stabiliser all the way down with attachment in air so I can see it out the bottom? Also do you happen to know what material the boom and bucket pins are made out of? I rang up Clark equipment in smithfield and they wanted $226 for one pin and $120 for the other. That's without the retaining clps or bushes either. I'm assuming they are gold or something? Lol I will just make some I think. I gt a trolley pole in there at the moment so it doesn't flop around everywhere. Lol

OP
OP
O

Onemancrew

Hmm, interesting, the stabiliser still seems to work when I drop the hydraulic, so I'm hoping it's just the pin... I have the pin that connects the foot to the pole but the pin that connects the hydraulic to the pole I can't even see it.. Is that what you mean by putting stabiliser all the way down with attachment in air so I can see it out the bottom? Also do you happen to know what material the boom and bucket pins are made out of? I rang up Clark equipment in smithfield and they wanted $226 for one pin and $120 for the other. That's without the retaining clps or bushes either. I'm assuming they are gold or something? Lol I will just make some I think. I gt a trolley pole in there at the moment so it doesn't flop around everywhere. Lol
Ok, I can't seem to see a pin with the leg fully extended, it's looking like I'm going to have to take off the hyd lines and pull out the entire hydraulic to see what's going on, I just really didn't want to do that if it wasnt needed.

Tazza

Staff member
Ok, I can't seem to see a pin with the leg fully extended, it's looking like I'm going to have to take off the hyd lines and pull out the entire hydraulic to see what's going on, I just really didn't want to do that if it wasnt needed.
The pins won't be anything special, even just mild steel would do the job. They don't have to be really hard as they have noting that really will wear them out. That price is just silly.
From what i can remembe rof mine, if it's the same or not i don't know but there was a foot rest at the top, inside was the top of the ram and you can see where the pin goes. At the base of the leg above the foot was a hole to put the other pin into, it has to be there somewhere....
When i first got mine, the leg was sliding on the ground, it would lift the machine up if i operated that side, but it would not hold up on it's own.

OP
OP
O

Onemancrew

The pins won't be anything special, even just mild steel would do the job. They don't have to be really hard as they have noting that really will wear them out. That price is just silly.
From what i can remembe rof mine, if it's the same or not i don't know but there was a foot rest at the top, inside was the top of the ram and you can see where the pin goes. At the base of the leg above the foot was a hole to put the other pin into, it has to be there somewhere....
When i first got mine, the leg was sliding on the ground, it would lift the machine up if i operated that side, but it would not hold up on it's own.
Ok the problem is sorted, thanks heaps Tazza... I pulled the top p,ate off then bashed the pin out of the hydraulic and I pulled it all the way out... What it ended up being was that someone had put the pin in the hole before they installed the hydraulic cylinder so it wasn't even attached to the hydraulic cylinder at all. It worked going down because it was pushing on it but it couldn't pull it back up because of the pin not being connected through the eye of the hydraulic. Ah well it's done now thanks very much for the replies Tazza it's much appreciated.

Tazza

Staff member
Ok the problem is sorted, thanks heaps Tazza... I pulled the top p,ate off then bashed the pin out of the hydraulic and I pulled it all the way out... What it ended up being was that someone had put the pin in the hole before they installed the hydraulic cylinder so it wasn't even attached to the hydraulic cylinder at all. It worked going down because it was pushing on it but it couldn't pull it back up because of the pin not being connected through the eye of the hydraulic. Ah well it's done now thanks very much for the replies Tazza it's much appreciated.
No worries, mine did the same as the end of the ram pushed on the foot, it went down but not up.
Saved you having to buy a new pin too.