873 - Hydraulic Leak - Part Identification?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Rupp

Looked through what I can find for manuals online, but can't figure out what this part is on right hand side, or how on earth I am going to remove it. Its just above and to the left of the right access panel. From the top its blocked by tons of lines/control valve. I have attached an image, and a horrible video that shows it. Any help appreciated.
PXL_20230311_184618837~2.jpg

brdgbldr

Not sure what part is leaking. I would suggest cleaning everything first.

Then go to the Bobcat parts catalog and look at the schematics for your serial number to see if you can figure it out:

OP
OP
R

Rupp

Not sure what part is leaking. I would suggest cleaning everything first.

Then go to the Bobcat parts catalog and look at the schematics for your serial number to see if you can figure it out:
Dug there, and through manuals I have before reaching out. I'm fairly confident the linkage in the photo is what I have below circled, which would leave me to believe its the bottom of the control valve (22)? I wish Bobcat had a placement view for the hydraulic component locations like CAT does, so you can see what is behind things and general proximity/layout. If this is it, I'm guessing this has to get removed from the top to service?
Screenshot 2023-03-11 at 16-57-05 Catalog.png

brdgbldr

Do you actually know where the leak is? It could be a hose above or near the control valve.

I you need to rebuild your control valve it is much easier if it is removed from the machine. I have seen mechanics do it in some machines but you still need to remove parts to get to it.

wateka

I have my 853 taken completely apart to rebuild it and these pictures may help you visualize the leak location. The o-ring picture shows what's needed to rebuild the control valve.
66247BDA-D2CB-439B-AE27-0E1CE4B4AD47.JPG

JPEG image.jpeg

JPEG image 2.jpeg

JPEG image 3.jpeg

OP
OP
R

Rupp

I have my 853 taken completely apart to rebuild it and these pictures may help you visualize the leak location. The o-ring picture shows what's needed to rebuild the control valve.
View attachment 3363
View attachment 3360
View attachment 3359
View attachment 3362
Thanks! Looks very similar to the 873 one, mine just is linked to the pedals. This is going to be "one of those repairs", where it takes more time to get to it, then repair, I bet. I'm also dealing with over a decade of never being cleaned, except what you can see from outside.

Are those Parker dash #'s for the o-rings?

Flip57

I had the same leak on my 863. Took it to the Dealer in Flagstaff, AZ where they tried to change the O-ring on the pump line outlet (not leaking before I took it to them). Then when they couldn't get it tightened back up, they left it a thread loose, which of course, caused another worse leak. I had them try to repair other items at the same time but every item they did, I had to tear back apart and fix it correctly. Called Phoenix Bobcat and asked about buying an o-ring kit for the control valve because I was going to pull it out to fix it. He asked why would I do that. His mechanics repaired them all the time without removing the body. When I asked how much he said $150 including parts and it would be done in half a day. Had it back in a day, repaired correctly. Since then I've done all my own repairs but that was a very bad experience with the wrong dealer and a very good experience with the right dealer. That was in 2014 and the valve body has not leaked since.