863 hydraulics

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

smoorebuck

My machine is saying that my hydraulic charge filter is plugged. Does any one no where this located and can it be cleaned or do i need a replacement filter. As always thanks for any help.

Fishfiles

From past experiences , your filter is probally ok , I'd bet you have 10w30 in the hydraulic tank , and if you were to use hydraulic oil the code would stop , is it cold where you are

OP
OP
S

smoorebuck

From past experiences , your filter is probally ok , I'd bet you have 10w30 in the hydraulic tank , and if you were to use hydraulic oil the code would stop , is it cold where you are
It has been in the 30 to 40 degree area since i have been looking into this.

OP
OP
S

smoorebuck

It has been in the 30 to 40 degree area since i have been looking into this.
I fownd a loose ground wire on my charge filter. Repaired this and it cleared the charge filter plug error message. I still have a hydraulic high temp message. It has hydraulic fluid in the machine. The cooler is clean and the hoses appear to not be exsesively hot. Any ideas? as always thinks for the help.

Tazza

Staff member
I fownd a loose ground wire on my charge filter. Repaired this and it cleared the charge filter plug error message. I still have a hydraulic high temp message. It has hydraulic fluid in the machine. The cooler is clean and the hoses appear to not be exsesively hot. Any ideas? as always thinks for the help.
It could always be a bad sender?

OP
OP
S

smoorebuck

It could always be a bad sender?
Tazza great call replaced sensor trouble cleared. I have one more code 9 21 and my dynostics on my machine reads fuel level high out of range. Do you have any ideas on this one. Thanks for all the help.

Tazza

Staff member
Tazza great call replaced sensor trouble cleared. I have one more code 9 21 and my dynostics on my machine reads fuel level high out of range. Do you have any ideas on this one. Thanks for all the help.
I never thought the fuel level could be too high..... Can you access the fuel sender on the fuel tank? i wonder if you remove the connector if it will show connection open/no signal.
What doe sthe fuel level show on the panel as? i'm assuming full?

OP
OP
S

smoorebuck

I never thought the fuel level could be too high..... Can you access the fuel sender on the fuel tank? i wonder if you remove the connector if it will show connection open/no signal.
What doe sthe fuel level show on the panel as? i'm assuming full?
I removed the connector going to the sensor and then started the machine checked the panel the alarm was still there. The gauge reads empty. I got a mess now i was removing the fuel level unit from the plastic fuel tank. And the aluminum insert that the unit screws into came loose from the tank and the float assembly fell into the tank. Im over my cussing fit now and looking for some ideas. Realy dont want to pull the tank. As always thanks

Tazza

Staff member
I removed the connector going to the sensor and then started the machine checked the panel the alarm was still there. The gauge reads empty. I got a mess now i was removing the fuel level unit from the plastic fuel tank. And the aluminum insert that the unit screws into came loose from the tank and the float assembly fell into the tank. Im over my cussing fit now and looking for some ideas. Realy dont want to pull the tank. As always thanks
So its spinning in the tank so you can't tighten it up?
As the end fell off, it sounds like the sender was the problem. Not sure exactly how you can secure the sender if the alloy threaded part is spinning in the tank though... sorry.
I totally know how you feel with the cussing when it happens....

bobbie-g

So its spinning in the tank so you can't tighten it up?
As the end fell off, it sounds like the sender was the problem. Not sure exactly how you can secure the sender if the alloy threaded part is spinning in the tank though... sorry.
I totally know how you feel with the cussing when it happens....
Thought I had answered this but don't see my post. --- Well, not much experience here, but just a few observations and guesses. Can you see or easily get to the sender/aluminum insert? If not, that makes the chore much harder. My T180 has no chain case, so there's more room under the cab and the sender is right there looking at me. In general, I think the plastic "mounting nut" part of the sensors swells after use, maybe because of the diesel. I've been told by two different Bobcat dealers that they really can't be reinstalled, just get a new one to screw back in. The T180 sender cost about $75. The new sender should screw fairly easily into the aluminum insert. You might just try to put it in the insert first, then see if the insert/sender assembly will screw back into the tank, assuming it has threads (if so, I'd put on several turns of teflon tape first). If it won't hold in place on its own, or if it's just a press-fit sleeve, I'm not sure how you would "glue" the aluminum back into the tank. The issue will be diesel contamination around the hole, so any glue will have a tough time sticking. I would be tempted to wipe the hole and the surrounding tank down with acetone several times to try to get it really clean. Then try just a small coating of Gorilla glue or epoxy. Once you get it back in place, I'd just leave it. If the sender quits, just go by the hour meter. And I'd just ignore the pieces of the sender in the tank. If the aluminum insert is still in the tank and is just spinning, don't despair, the new sender may just screw down into it pretty easily. My old sensor came out hard all the way, waterpump pliers needed until the last 1/16 turn. The new one when with fingers all the way, just snugged it up the last 1/8 turn. I'v also heard the socket wrench that fits the newer aux hydraulic connectors will fit the sender plastic. I sure couldn't fit a normal socket onto it. --- Not a lot of original ideas here, just my ramblings. My 751 sender is pretty goofy, and I'm just living with it. I can't see the sender, can barely touch it with a bunch of stuff removed from the engine, and there's no way I can get waterpump pliers on it with only my left hand. I'm just leaving it alone. :) ---RC