843 Steering problem

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

ajwgator

My 843 runs faster on the right side wheels than on the left side wheels. End result, it always drifts to the left when going forward. Not sure about it in reverse, because I usually don't travel far or fast. Could this be a pump problem or just a problem with steering lever adjustments? Thanks for any input. Jay

Tazza

Staff member
If its only a slight amount i would say your steering adjustment is slightly out. Mine pulls to the right slightly, you only notice it doing a long straight run. My left steering lever is slightly out, i need to get time to try and adjust it to centre one day.
If its a lot, it could be a pump or motor problem, but if its only slight i wouldn't be worried.

OP
OP
A

ajwgator

If its only a slight amount i would say your steering adjustment is slightly out. Mine pulls to the right slightly, you only notice it doing a long straight run. My left steering lever is slightly out, i need to get time to try and adjust it to centre one day.
If its a lot, it could be a pump or motor problem, but if its only slight i wouldn't be worried.
Thanks Tazza that makes me feel a lot better. Yes its only a slight amount and I only notice it on long runs. I will take time out and adjust it up and report back. Hope your doing alright there and glad you got yours all back together. It looks great! Jay

Tazza

Staff member
Thanks Tazza that makes me feel a lot better. Yes its only a slight amount and I only notice it on long runs. I will take time out and adjust it up and report back. Hope your doing alright there and glad you got yours all back together. It looks great! Jay
I really need to get motivated and try and fine tune mine one day.....
Eerything is going pretty well thanks, i just need time to pull my bucket apart to re-pin it and weld new cutting edge in. Its just not a job i want to rush in to because no doubt when i start i will need to use it.
The only thing after that is to re-seal the aux hydraulic spool again. This is a job i really don't want to do! i have tube lines in the way and access is horrible.
Let us know how your adjustments go.

goodtech

I really need to get motivated and try and fine tune mine one day.....
Eerything is going pretty well thanks, i just need time to pull my bucket apart to re-pin it and weld new cutting edge in. Its just not a job i want to rush in to because no doubt when i start i will need to use it.
The only thing after that is to re-seal the aux hydraulic spool again. This is a job i really don't want to do! i have tube lines in the way and access is horrible.
Let us know how your adjustments go.
On your 743 tazz I would take your linkage off your spool, empty your hydraulic tank, remove your allen head screw on the back of your valve. I usually take my pry bar and bend the tubes just enough out of the way to get the spool out. It works with a little work. It beats taking that hole valve out. Yes I'm back for awhile. Business got crazy for me this year. Enough to work part time now for bobcat

Tazza

Staff member
On your 743 tazz I would take your linkage off your spool, empty your hydraulic tank, remove your allen head screw on the back of your valve. I usually take my pry bar and bend the tubes just enough out of the way to get the spool out. It works with a little work. It beats taking that hole valve out. Yes I'm back for awhile. Business got crazy for me this year. Enough to work part time now for bobcat
I'm going to replace the quad rings as soon as i get motivated enough :) i'm sure you know how that goes.....
I'm not going to pull the spool, i have done that once, thats more than enough for me! The dealer told me the same thing. They bend the tube lines just enough to get the spool out. He did stress the fact to NOT put any side load on the spool, if it bends its stuffed.
Its a job i want to do, but not critical, i have a bigger oil leak from a hose to my 4 in 1 bucket, and its not bothering me too much, just makes an awful mess.