843 Injector Lines

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

greggo

Hello to All! I have a BobCat 843 with an Isuzu engine 1988 unknown hrs.I recently lent it out(Big Mistake)to a relative who had an experienced friend and me run it to do some work.When they were done and loading the machine they called me and said that it was running rough and leaking fuel.When I inspected the machine I noticed #2 and #4 injector lines were broken off about 1" before going into the engine.I took the lines to my Bob Cat dealer and he said that in his 10 years there he has never seen lines broken like that.I checked the motor mounts by prying them with a large flat bar and there was a little play in the rear ones not much in the front.Could they have broke just from metal fatigue? Thanks Greg

mrfixitpaul

I've never heard of lines breaking like that, either.
Maybe your relative ran out of fuel and broke the lines trying to bleed them???

skidsteer.ca

It is not common for a injector line to break but I have seen it happen. We have a 3406 Cat engine that has broke a few. Strange to have 2 at once though.
There is a lot of pressure inside and I sure some vibration too. Does not seem like a abuse thing to me though.
Ken

OP
OP
G

greggo

Paul: I dont think they ran out of fuel.The tank was full and they only put a couple of hours on it.A friend of mine who runs a big machine thinks that some one got into the engine compartment and vandilised it.If I could figure out how to post a pic I could show you how clean the break is. Greg

OP
OP
G

greggo

Re: 843 Injector Lines Hi Ken: Thats whats bugging me,2 at once,but it is an older auction bought machine,and the hr meter stopped at 5088 hrs so I dont know the real hrs.My dealer says to see if the engine has alot of vibration but I cant check it right now ,the lines are on back order for a few more weeks. Thanks Greg