Bobcat 843

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

River Fluid Power

If the machine was in this condition when you got it, I suggest pulling the pump and motor out and looking them over for damage. I believe the pump closest to the engine is the left drive pump.

OP
OP
J

John23

Right I know that, I'm in discussion with lps,they gave me a really cool way to diagnose weather the pump.is bad or the drive motor is the problem.
Their method was to get 2 tickets caps,remove the two large hoses for that side pump,and cap it off. Then start machine and push lever forward or reverse,if engine stalls at rpm the pump.is good,if notify it keeps running under power the pump is no good.
What do you think? It sounds plausible, these guys redo these pumps 24 7

River Fluid Power

Right I know that, I'm in discussion with lps,they gave me a really cool way to diagnose weather the pump.is bad or the drive motor is the problem.
Their method was to get 2 tickets caps,remove the two large hoses for that side pump,and cap it off. Then start machine and push lever forward or reverse,if engine stalls at rpm the pump.is good,if notify it keeps running under power the pump is no good.
What do you think? It sounds plausible, these guys redo these pumps 24 7
That is indeed one way to test the pumps.

oiu789

First jack up the left side both wheel of the ground and try to rotate the wheels forward and backward to see how it feels. This will check the drive chains and sprockets in the center case also the drive motor. You should not be able to turn them.

OP
OP
J

John23

So I removed drive motor on left side,and wheels still don't move, should I
Check remove inspection cover on gearbox and inspect.
The next thing is remove chaincase covers,do I have to remove pumps?

oiu789

Any new updates? If the wheels will not turn with the drive motor removed you must have a issue in the chain case. Check that the parking brake is releasing. And you do not have a bad axles brgs or other brgs or a wadded up broken chain.

OP
OP
J

John23

Thank you for that,I'm curious to see what's going on,was worried it could be pump or drive motor

OP
OP
J

John23

The gearbox bolts to side of chaincase,then motor to the side of that,with 5 bolts that you have to access from inside the chaincase.
I have to powerwash,and vacuum before I pull cover off

Latest posts