843 click no start

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Heetseeker

I've searched these forums and ran a couple tests, but here's the issue: Click, no start. New battery, cables, charged and new alternator, all tested out good. With a meter, the wire coming from the key switch (white) goes from 0-2.4volts when I turn the key to start. No power, to only 2.4 volts going to the starter solenoid. Jumped from the + on the battery to the S post and the starter turned and engine ran. Key off, tried to start, Click. Not getting enough volts through the relay behind the coolant tank? Bad relay? Any advice would be great. Thanks!

Tazza

Staff member
Check the harness connectors that i assume are behind the cab, check the fuse and relay connections too. If they get corroded, they will cause issues like this.
As when you jump it, it starts, so the battery and main power cables are good, has to be a connection between the battery and key.

OP
OP
H

Heetseeker

Check the harness connectors that i assume are behind the cab, check the fuse and relay connections too. If they get corroded, they will cause issues like this.
As when you jump it, it starts, so the battery and main power cables are good, has to be a connection between the battery and key.
Didn't consider a fuse or connection. I'll check it this morning. Thanks!

OP
OP
H

Heetseeker

Didn't consider a fuse or connection. I'll check it this morning. Thanks!
Fuses were fine and I picked up two new fuse holders as the other two were a little corroded. Also replaced both start and glow plug relays. Fires right up and runs great. Turned out to be the start solenoid. Thanks for the help!