825 Bobcat oil or hydraulic ?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

1slowcat

825 bobcat service manual says to use clark hydraulic fluid or 10-30w or 10-40w oil which should i use takes about 26 gallons i think so i want to check also you cant get clark fluid anymore.any ideas ?

Tazza

Staff member
Either of those will be fine, depending on the temperature yo get over there depends on how thin you can go. I personally use 20W50 as our summer gets quite warm and our winter never gets really cold.

tsanders

Either of those will be fine, depending on the temperature yo get over there depends on how thin you can go. I personally use 20W50 as our summer gets quite warm and our winter never gets really cold.
TAZZA are you not afraid of useing multi viscosity oil since it has detergents in it.

Tazza

Staff member
TAZZA are you not afraid of useing multi viscosity oil since it has detergents in it.
Well i have never had an issue with it....
There is a thread going on about using hydraulic oil which i am thinking about. My local diesel spares shop has a list that recommends 10 weight hydraulic oil and not engine oil..... All i can say is i have never had an issue with the oil i have been running. My 731 when i bought it was told to run engine oil which i did, so the previous owner ran engine oil, as did i for a few years and put quite a few hours on it without any problems. Hydrostats were top notch till the day i sold the machine.

skidsteer.ca

1slowcat
Any idea where I could find a crankshaft or another running perkins engine for a 825?
I have customer looking for parts.
Ken

GhostOp

did you ever find an engine for your machine? i am in need of a final drive if you are parting your machine out. email is [email protected] thanks
I may be parting out my 825 when the weather warms up. I had the machine for sale locally but no takers. I don't need it anymore. The engine and drives are good, it's stored indoors, and that's the problem. I ordered a new tractor and need the room. If there is enough interest to make it worthwhile then I'll plan on parting it rather than selling it whole. Jerry

steve911

I may be parting out my 825 when the weather warms up. I had the machine for sale locally but no takers. I don't need it anymore. The engine and drives are good, it's stored indoors, and that's the problem. I ordered a new tractor and need the room. If there is enough interest to make it worthwhile then I'll plan on parting it rather than selling it whole. Jerry
I am looking for the Aux Hydraulics hoses and piping for mine. I am willing to pay a fair price for the items too. I am in WI. Where are you located?
Do you have the sliding side windows on yours?
Thanks
Steve A.

steve911

What part of the world are you located in ?
Steve A.

steve911

Have you given anymore thought to parting out your machine? I am still interested in some parts if you do.

You can contact me at: [email protected]

Thanks