773 forawd movement

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bmh

I ahve a 773 bobcat with hand controls that will creep foward slowly on the right. Any help on adjustment

Shawn

this is harder to explain than to do .. but I will give it a shot ....First remove any attachment and put the loader arms up and safety bar in . place machine on jack stands . lift cab . now on top of the pump set there is a neutraling plate . on top of the plate there are 4 9/16 bolts 2 on each side they hold a steel block that rests against 2 bushings on the pintle lever . you will want to start the machine with the cab up and hit the traction lock override . starting with the left side ( furthest away from the gear pump ) put throttle to max and have some one hold the left joystick so the wheels stop turning . loosen the 2 9/16 bolts just enough so they will move slide them so the metal block comes in contact with the bushings on the pintle lever and tighten the bolts repeat on other side ..... depending on the wear you may need to replace the 4 torsion bushings , pintle levers , metal wear blocks , and bushings that ride against the blocks . when seting the steering neutral with new torsion bushings installed you must leave the bolts that go through then loose till the neutral adjusment is complete.

Tazza

Staff member
this is harder to explain than to do .. but I will give it a shot ....First remove any attachment and put the loader arms up and safety bar in . place machine on jack stands . lift cab . now on top of the pump set there is a neutraling plate . on top of the plate there are 4 9/16 bolts 2 on each side they hold a steel block that rests against 2 bushings on the pintle lever . you will want to start the machine with the cab up and hit the traction lock override . starting with the left side ( furthest away from the gear pump ) put throttle to max and have some one hold the left joystick so the wheels stop turning . loosen the 2 9/16 bolts just enough so they will move slide them so the metal block comes in contact with the bushings on the pintle lever and tighten the bolts repeat on other side ..... depending on the wear you may need to replace the 4 torsion bushings , pintle levers , metal wear blocks , and bushings that ride against the blocks . when seting the steering neutral with new torsion bushings installed you must leave the bolts that go through then loose till the neutral adjusment is complete.
Thats essentially it. It can be a little hard to get it just rite, you may need to have a few goes at it before you get it spot on but it can be done. The only thing not mentioned was you may need to back off all 4 bolts as if there is wear you won't have enough travel to get the stops to touch. I think you are supposed to start at the opposite end of the main spring thats used to hold the steering arms in neutral. I personally haven't had to do this yet on an east/west machine but i have done it a few times on a 743 style. Its essentially the same procedure, just different mounting.

skidsteer.ca

Thats essentially it. It can be a little hard to get it just rite, you may need to have a few goes at it before you get it spot on but it can be done. The only thing not mentioned was you may need to back off all 4 bolts as if there is wear you won't have enough travel to get the stops to touch. I think you are supposed to start at the opposite end of the main spring thats used to hold the steering arms in neutral. I personally haven't had to do this yet on an east/west machine but i have done it a few times on a 743 style. Its essentially the same procedure, just different mounting.
Also
Be sure your pintle arms are tight on the shaft that comes out of the top of the hydrostats. They are know for coming loose on the 700 models with the sideways (east/west) mounted engines.
I usually just lossen the 9/16" (thats the wrench size, bolts are 3/8") bolts enough that the square block can be tapped into the desired position with a small hammer.
With your helper holding the steering lever in the neutral position, you will see a gap between the square block and the pintle arm. Taking the gap out of the blocks hold the steering levers in the correct neutral position.
Ken

thetool

What Shawn said........=) Plus my $.02......If your blocks and cams are worn, you can flip the blocks and rotate the cams instead of replacement and save a couple bucks. And set neutral engine at idle first, then check neutral at high throttle, please.