763 replacement

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

sierradmax

I have a 1998 Bobcat 763 with auxiliary hydraulics. 3600 hours and have owned it since new. It has served me very well and has been taken very well care of. I'd like to trade it in for a newer machine, a machine with a vertical lift path & a little more lifting capacity. I also have the 709 backhoe attachment, which I would like to keep for use on the new machine. I stopped into the bobcat dealer the other day and was told the new Tier 4 vertical lift machines aren't compatible with the 709. If I'm truly dead set on keeping the 709, I would need to look at a used machine like the S-175 or the S-185. The smallest vertical lift is the S-530 that has only 3 rated HP more than my 763 but weighs in almost 1,000 pounds more. Can anyone tell me which machines are in fact compatible with the 709 backhoe?

antfarmer2

Sounds like a nice cat and you know it if all you want is a (little more lift) why don't you just add a bit of wieght to the back a save the money for beer

OP
OP
S

sierradmax

Sounds like a nice cat and you know it if all you want is a (little more lift) why don't you just add a bit of wieght to the back a save the money for beer
It is a nice machine but I've started putting money into it. New fuel pump pick-up tube, new motor mounts, a couple of new hydraulic hoses, new belts. Time for something a little newer and a little more lift height would be nice.

antfarmer2

It is a nice machine but I've started putting money into it. New fuel pump pick-up tube, new motor mounts, a couple of new hydraulic hoses, new belts. Time for something a little newer and a little more lift height would be nice.
If it has tits or tires it's going to cost you and a used machine is always a risk I am sure someone in here will piont you in the right direction I put in my two cents

antfarmer2

If it has tits or tires it's going to cost you and a used machine is always a risk I am sure someone in here will piont you in the right direction I put in my two cents
If your in Missouri you have just what another member is looking for if you get rid of the whole thing

Tazza

Staff member
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b294/sierradmax/bobcat/DSCN0753.jpg
The machine looks very nice, no idea on value though, prices are different over here.
There is always a way to mount a hoe to a machine, it all depends on how handy you are with a welder. The new ones use hooks, the old ones use tractor balls.