763 Hyd pump mount bolts removal ?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

toohp

My Hyd pump housing has cracked on my 763 so I have to replace the pump , just went to tackle the job & found the two bolts holding the pump in place are allen headed type bolts & are a real pain to access ! Anybody found this and have done this job , I dont have the correct tools right now what the best or only way ? The rear bolt looks like a pain to remove ? Manual says mark the pump on removal I take it thats the spline there reffering too ? Cheers

walio123

I do it with a small ratchet, swinging arm and 5/16 alen bit.You have to mark the casing and pump covers to be in the same position when assemble - if you have to disassemble it. In covers have channels for oil. If you turn cowers the pump will not operate.

Bobcatdan

I do it with a small ratchet, swinging arm and 5/16 alen bit.You have to mark the casing and pump covers to be in the same position when assemble - if you have to disassemble it. In covers have channels for oil. If you turn cowers the pump will not operate.
Get a set of ball end Allen wrenches. I have a small cheater pipe just for Allen wrenches. Break the bolts loose, then use the ball end to remove them. Other thing, pay attention to the coupler between the pump and the hydro. It will really piss you.off if you forget to put it in. Finally, when the pump is on, you need to check and adjust relief.

farmshop

Get a set of ball end Allen wrenches. I have a small cheater pipe just for Allen wrenches. Break the bolts loose, then use the ball end to remove them. Other thing, pay attention to the coupler between the pump and the hydro. It will really piss you.off if you forget to put it in. Finally, when the pump is on, you need to check and adjust relief.
I had one that I had to cut off a Allen wrench and turn it with a box end wrench

farmshop

I had one that the only thing that would fit was to cut off a Allen wrench and turn it with a box wrench

7LBSSMALLIE

I had one that the only thing that would fit was to cut off a Allen wrench and turn it with a box wrench
been here done this. take an allen wrench cut off a bit of it use short arm to break loose use the piece with a gear wrench. to complete removal. usually when short arm in a good smack with a long two by 4 to be clear.. take a 5/16 or 8mm. allen cut off about 7/8. save the piece. get long arm in. hit it with long board. finish with short piece and gear wrench. lose the allen heads and replace with hex heads if you got the clearance.

Latest posts