Bobcat 763 water pump seized?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

grambo

Bobcat 763- 512214612

-Fan belt squealed then snapped.
-Bought a new belt then that one started smoking.
-The top pully was seized but I free'd it up
-same with the tensioner

How do I know if the water pump is seized? I can't even locate where it is coming off the engine. Does it tie into that bottom pully? ( see photo )

Any help I've done all the work on this old machine but this job looks tough.

Attachments

• 88DA042D-8B3A-46BD-AA12-5DF01036B556.jpeg
    88DA042D-8B3A-46BD-AA12-5DF01036B556.jpeg
    509.9 KB · Views: 44

brdgbldr

Bobcat 763- 512214612

-Fan belt squealed then snapped.
-Bought a new belt then that one started smoking.
-The top pully was seized but I free'd it up
-same with the tensioner

How do I know if the water pump is seized? I can't even locate where it is coming off the engine. Does it tie into that bottom pully? ( see photo )

Any help I've done all the work on this old machine but this job looks tough.
Here is the link to the parts catalog:

Find your machine serial number and then look up the water pump.

OP
OP
G

grambo

Ok I got the location, still unsure if it needs to be replaced or not. If I start it up for a minute and watch , if that bottom pully is not spinning safe to say it's seized ?

brdgbldr

If the water pump pully is not spinning then the pump is shot.

If you replace it make sure you don't over tighten the new belt. It will cause premature bearing failure

Tazza

Staff member
With the belt off, turn the pump pulley, if it feels tight or gritty, it needs to be replaced.

foton

same thing if the tensioner feels like it has any drag or wobble replace it too while you are there. and might as well check the alternator.

OP
OP
G

grambo

Well it is spinning. Terrible rattling noise . Tensioner pully feels good. It was seized to begin with as well as the top pully. I was able to free them up. I guess try new belt tomorrow

laurencen

you are best to replace any pulley, pump and tensioner you either freed or rattles, they will die when you most need the machine, just not worth the rist of being stuck

OP
OP
G

grambo

I'm going to dive into this fully and replace the pulleys, tensioners, belts. And im still scratching my head at the water pump Removal + Install. I can't tell what all needs to be removed to remove the water pump. This is the best I could find

brdgbldr

Water pump diagram
You need to remove all the #10 bolts, the #9 bolts and the #13 nut. If you look at the part number in the list it should tell you how many of each.
Make sure you get a new gasket with the pump.

TonyCT322

Check the condition of your hoses while you are there. Will need to drain the radiator to replace the pump. Not familiar with the bobcat. I did my John Deere last year. Radiator had to be removed to gain access. Once it was out of the way there was "plenty" of room to work. Definitely look over the area and anything you can get to now that looks over ten years old or questionable condition, now is the time to take care of it.

I blew a bucket hose and after looking at them they were all original to 2007. I decided to replace them all while it was down and most were soon to follow. Hopefully I can get another 17 years out of these. I've been chasing emergency repairs on it ever since I bought it. I am happy to say now I am caught up and focusing on preventative maintenance. It is a good feeling.

So anything you have the time and money to repair/replace while you have access will be money well spent in the long run.

Latest posts