763 control valve location

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Johnboy

My bobcat is lowering the lift arms when you start to lift. I have been told that control valve o rings could be bad. I am very mechanically inclined but want to know if this is a difficult job that I should attempt. Thanks in advance for your help.

brdgbldr

My bobcat is lowering the lift arms when you start to lift. I have been told that control valve o rings could be bad. I am very mechanically inclined but want to know if this is a difficult job that I should attempt. Thanks in advance for your help.
Here is what the "Bobcat Hydraulics Manual" states:

"Load Drops Slightly When Going From Neutral to Raise Position
If the lift arms and bucket function normally, but the load drops slightly when you move the lift cylinders spool or tilt cylinder spool from neutral to raise (or extend), suspect the associated load check valve is leaking. Check the load check valve for worn O-rings, poppet, and seat and repair/replace as necessary."

You can look at the parts manual to check out the control valve. It's not too bad to work on other than access to it. If you can get to the area you need while it's in the machine then you're ok. Otherwise you may need to remove the control valve to work on it.

Here is the parts manual link. Just put in your serial number and then search "control valve":