753 value?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bahmi

Looking at a 753 with newly rebuilt engine, good rubber, nice paint job, 6500 bucks. What is wrong with this picture? Mike

ThomasM

What are the hours on the machine, assuming the hour meter has been functioning>? Take it for a test drive and see how it starts with a cold engine, drive/lift with it. Sounds like a good deal. Also check for cracks/repairs/welds/and worn pins. Just my 2 cents.

rraulston

What are the hours on the machine, assuming the hour meter has been functioning>? Take it for a test drive and see how it starts with a cold engine, drive/lift with it. Sounds like a good deal. Also check for cracks/repairs/welds/and worn pins. Just my 2 cents.
wow......I paid $8700 for my 753.....3400 hrs. Was a zero issue machine.....now when I park it, i get a 4" puddle of oil underneath. No dented bucket, perfect rims w/new tires...None of that electronic crap......just a rock solid unit......Ime quite pleased. It was either this one or they had a Deere for 14K. I will forever miss my case 1840 controlls......I really hate this foot pedal crap....but oh well........Ray

OP
OP
B

bahmi

wow......I paid $8700 for my 753.....3400 hrs. Was a zero issue machine.....now when I park it, i get a 4" puddle of oil underneath. No dented bucket, perfect rims w/new tires...None of that electronic crap......just a rock solid unit......Ime quite pleased. It was either this one or they had a Deere for 14K. I will forever miss my case 1840 controlls......I really hate this foot pedal crap....but oh well........Ray
I saw the unit in person today. Not as described. Tires showing cord. Lifted up, the front tires could be manipulated in a figure 8 motion, bearings shot. Leaky wheel seals. Mangy insides. What got my goat was the evasive salesperson who seemed confused. Hour meter busted, second engine inserted after 2k hours. When a seller says just the wrong thing, or gets flustered, you know the machine has a checkered past. I said, "no thanks". Hightailed it home. Saw a nice and tight 743 later on. Solid starting in a cold morning, no smoky exhaust. Bucket tight but needs floor/cutting edge. Has a solid, non-cracked glass canopy. Anybody familiar with fixing the heater fan motor, it doesn't work on this unit. It does have an inblock heater, though, and glow plugs. I like the looks of it. Virtually new rubber. 6500 clams. But, I can fix the bucket easily, how about the heater motor? Suggestions? Thanks, all. Let's all wait for stimulus checks and change, Mike