753 Key Switch Replacement

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

sethrector

I bought a new switch for my 753, but it does not have a wiring diagram. Does anyone know which wires go where. there are 4 wires. Thanks for any help!!!

Fishfiles

Take them off and put them on one at a time or make a drawing of what goes where before removing them , would guess it's too late for either of those opitions -----you can figure it out , there is 4 wires , 1) test light to find the only one thats hot all the time put it to bat (battery) terminal on switch , 2) touch 1 of the three remaining to power if the engine spins over , put put that wire to Start ( think it's the middle wire , higher than the rest , 3) the other 2 wires touched to power one at a time , one should light up the dash put to accessory 4) glow plug wire should light up a symbol on right console when touched to power ----- hope it helps

OP
OP
S

sethrector

Take them off and put them on one at a time or make a drawing of what goes where before removing them , would guess it's too late for either of those opitions -----you can figure it out , there is 4 wires , 1) test light to find the only one thats hot all the time put it to bat (battery) terminal on switch , 2) touch 1 of the three remaining to power if the engine spins over , put put that wire to Start ( think it's the middle wire , higher than the rest , 3) the other 2 wires touched to power one at a time , one should light up the dash put to accessory 4) glow plug wire should light up a symbol on right console when touched to power ----- hope it helps
I havn't taken them off yet, the new switch is different from the old one. The new one has the one higher in the middle, and the terminals are labeled on it. I will try your plan and see how it turns out. Thanks