751 with Peugot engine not starting (Conversion kit for swapping out Peugot for Kubota) & (Swapping out hydraulic pump for a larger pump to increa

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Bmcamp

I had the water pump replaced because the seal was leaking coolant. When that was replaced the 751 was turned over and coolant could be heard leaking but couldn't find the source. The Bobcat mechnic that did all the work said that a water jacket could be cracked, intrnel problem. I was wandering if there is a conversion kit available for the 751 to switch out the Peugot to a Kubota and could the Kubota be a larger engine inorder to increase horsepower? Also would it possible to swith out the hydraulic pump from a larger mahcine to gain more hydraulic flow rate? I've noticed that they are close in size with the same size shaft and diameter. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

SkidRoe

The Kubota engine that you would be after is a V2203, which is slightly larger. As far as a kit being available, doubtful. It has been done before, I do know that. You would need parts from a 753 to do it. Not too sure about the pump swap either, really depends on how much more flow you are looking for.

jerry

The Kubota engine that you would be after is a V2203, which is slightly larger. As far as a kit being available, doubtful. It has been done before, I do know that. You would need parts from a 753 to do it. Not too sure about the pump swap either, really depends on how much more flow you are looking for.
From reading earlier posts here Bobcat did have a conversion kit for the 751. Not sure but I think the Kubota sits in there in the opposite direction so there would surely be lots of knuckle skin and dollars involved.

SkidRoe

From reading earlier posts here Bobcat did have a conversion kit for the 751. Not sure but I think the Kubota sits in there in the opposite direction so there would surely be lots of knuckle skin and dollars involved.
That sounds like even more reason to try and get the Pugeot fixed....

Tazza

Staff member
That sounds like even more reason to try and get the Pugeot fixed....
I kit is available from the dealer, it includes a new bell housing as the pug one will not fit the kubota. You need to flip the hydrostatic pump over, apparently not very hard to do.
What sort of leak does it have? If they say it is internal, is it mixing with the oil? the head gasket could also have gone bad.
Even though the XUD9 is only 1.9 litre, it is very close to the HP of the 2.2 litre Kubota, they run very smooth too.
I'd like to look into the problem a little more before condeming the engine to the scrap bin in the sky.

mrdeere1959

I kit is available from the dealer, it includes a new bell housing as the pug one will not fit the kubota. You need to flip the hydrostatic pump over, apparently not very hard to do.
What sort of leak does it have? If they say it is internal, is it mixing with the oil? the head gasket could also have gone bad.
Even though the XUD9 is only 1.9 litre, it is very close to the HP of the 2.2 litre Kubota, they run very smooth too.
I'd like to look into the problem a little more before condeming the engine to the scrap bin in the sky.
part # 6726412 $7236.80 for the kit from bobcat. I would think not to many being sold for that price.

SkidRoe

part # 6726412 $7236.80 for the kit from bobcat. I would think not to many being sold for that price.
@ Mr. Deere: I am hoping that price also includes the engine. Around here, you can buy 2 751's for that price!!

shawn macananny

@ Mr. Deere: I am hoping that price also includes the engine. Around here, you can buy 2 751's for that price!!
If you need parts go to Ebay UK that's where ive been getting all of mine. I got a timing belt, water pump, idler, and tensioner for about $200 or so, and did it myself in about 2hr. Parts from the bobcat dealer are much more expensive. Ebay UK there are hundreds of those engines, they were used in alot of vehicles, though you wouldnt want to ship an entire engine over you could ship parts. Mine runs perfect IMO. Everyone seems to hate them, mine runs great and parts are much cheaper than kubota.

Tazza

Staff member
If you need parts go to Ebay UK that's where ive been getting all of mine. I got a timing belt, water pump, idler, and tensioner for about $200 or so, and did it myself in about 2hr. Parts from the bobcat dealer are much more expensive. Ebay UK there are hundreds of those engines, they were used in alot of vehicles, though you wouldnt want to ship an entire engine over you could ship parts. Mine runs perfect IMO. Everyone seems to hate them, mine runs great and parts are much cheaper than kubota.
That price includes an engine. I got the harness and hoses from a conversion. The guy it got it off owns a bobcat dealership and had the parts from the conversion that were no use to him but i needed them as the machine has been in a fire so the wires and hoses were gone.