751 fuel problem

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

haydenthefixer

i have a g series 751 skid steer and it will run for 5 mins then it quits then i have to get out take the over off the back let all the air out of the fuel because somehow air gets in it then it will run again, so can any one tell me where the fuel pump goes to on my bobcat or how to get the air out and keep it out. would be nice if someone could say and suggestions asap, thanks

Tazza

Staff member
Does your machine still have a Peugeot engine? or has it been changed to a Kubota?
The Pug engine has its fuel lift pump inside the injector pump, when it goes bad usually it pushes fuel into the engine and your oil level will increase as it now contains diesel fuel.
I would start by checking your hose clamps and that your pickup tube is not cracked in the fuel tank as it can draw in air if it uses the old black tubing, it goes brittle and cracks. Ensure you aren't getting fuel in your engine oil too.
I assume you have replaced your fuel filter(s) ? some run 2 filters some run only 1.

OP
OP
H

haydenthefixer

Does your machine still have a Peugeot engine? or has it been changed to a Kubota?
The Pug engine has its fuel lift pump inside the injector pump, when it goes bad usually it pushes fuel into the engine and your oil level will increase as it now contains diesel fuel.
I would start by checking your hose clamps and that your pickup tube is not cracked in the fuel tank as it can draw in air if it uses the old black tubing, it goes brittle and cracks. Ensure you aren't getting fuel in your engine oil too.
I assume you have replaced your fuel filter(s) ? some run 2 filters some run only 1.
ok i think i have a new scenario here i went and filled it up with gas and it cut on fine and then ran about and hour then quit so i have to fill the gas tank up a gallon and every hour or it will cut off, so if the gas to a certain point in the tank then it gets air in it causing the machine to stop i think so anybody got any suggestions.

OldMachinist

ok i think i have a new scenario here i went and filled it up with gas and it cut on fine and then ran about and hour then quit so i have to fill the gas tank up a gallon and every hour or it will cut off, so if the gas to a certain point in the tank then it gets air in it causing the machine to stop i think so anybody got any suggestions.
Like Tazza said the pick up tube in the tank is the old style and has broken off so that when you use fuel to the broken section it sucks air. Replace it with a new style tube and your problems should gone.