751 engine

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Tazza

Staff member
You will have a hard time getting hold of a complete one, what's wrong with your old one?

OP
OP
D

dirtpig538

You will have a hard time getting hold of a complete one, what's wrong with your old one?
Guess I'm not sure yet. Bobcat says the glow plug came apart and messed up the piston and cylinder. I haven't looked at it myself yet. Just looking for options. Taking it to my mechanic to see what can be done with it.

jmd440

Guess I'm not sure yet. Bobcat says the glow plug came apart and messed up the piston and cylinder. I haven't looked at it myself yet. Just looking for options. Taking it to my mechanic to see what can be done with it.
Im just starting to gather parts for a Kubota conversion in mine. The xud9 I have has 2000 hrs it ran fine except it was smoking. Had the injectors rebuilt, checked the compression, 400psi each cylinder, had to be the injection pump. Has the lucas pump that nobody will work on. Removed the pump to bring to a local pump guy he explained they are a PITA and he wasn't tooled up for the job. Put the pump back on to move the machine but now it wont push fuel out. I decided to swap the engine. If you're interested in my engine let me know. Like it said its all there. If I could get someone to work on the pump I would keep it.

bobbie-g

Im just starting to gather parts for a Kubota conversion in mine. The xud9 I have has 2000 hrs it ran fine except it was smoking. Had the injectors rebuilt, checked the compression, 400psi each cylinder, had to be the injection pump. Has the lucas pump that nobody will work on. Removed the pump to bring to a local pump guy he explained they are a PITA and he wasn't tooled up for the job. Put the pump back on to move the machine but now it wont push fuel out. I decided to swap the engine. If you're interested in my engine let me know. Like it said its all there. If I could get someone to work on the pump I would keep it.
The timing on the injection pump is pretty touchy. I think rotating my pump by a few degrees made a lot of difference in how it ran. So make sure it went back in as it came out. Next, at least on my 751C Peugeot pump, the lift pump was integral with the injection pump. Might be only the lift pump portion is giving you problems. Try pumping the primer bulb while someone else is trying to start it. If it'll start, then an external lift pump might solve your problem in the interim. :) ---Bobbie-G

jmd440

The timing on the injection pump is pretty touchy. I think rotating my pump by a few degrees made a lot of difference in how it ran. So make sure it went back in as it came out. Next, at least on my 751C Peugeot pump, the lift pump was integral with the injection pump. Might be only the lift pump portion is giving you problems. Try pumping the primer bulb while someone else is trying to start it. If it'll start, then an external lift pump might solve your problem in the interim. :) ---Bobbie-G
We did that, and checked timing over and over. I think something is stuck inside, as it sat for a few months off the engine. We tried just about everything and no dice.