743B will not start

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

antfarmer2

Jerry, I had already replaced all 4 of the rubber mounted bushing on the linkage and one of the side side bearings as you did. After several adjustments it now does not creep, yippy! My next problem is: I want to get a root grapple for it. I was looking at the hydraulics for the front aux hydraulics an saw that it has the couplers on the front and the hard lines on the lift arm,but there are no hoses connecting to the hard lines in the back of the machine. If you open the engine door and look to your left on the inside below the air filter there are 2 capped off lines that I think are there to connect to the hoses to the front aux hydraulics. BUT they have a bend toward the back of the machine, making it almost impossible the connect the hoses. (I need to lean how to put pictures on this site.) I took a picture to the Bobcat dealer and ended up with 3 parts guys and 1 mechanic, none of them could understand how this could be. The hard lines are factory clamped, not kinked, and look original, if they went straight up (as in the parts book) I could easily connect the hoses for the front aux hydraulics. Any thought from anyone?
Just hook it up to the front couplers you are good to go I have a 743 same thing

antfarmer2

Leave the ones in the back alone just hook it up to the front and good to go
Ok went out and took a closer look for you there are three sets of lines on the left side against the very back ones steel that goes to rubber go to your cylinder the solid steel ones go to the aux hydro in the front with the connectors the other two towards the front are capped off at the factory just put your grapple on and plug it in your good to go the aux is worked with your right stick back and forth movement I would lube it up and work it might be sticky does not sound like you have used it stop looking for a problem you have none (yet)

jerry

Ok went out and took a closer look for you there are three sets of lines on the left side against the very back ones steel that goes to rubber go to your cylinder the solid steel ones go to the aux hydro in the front with the connectors the other two towards the front are capped off at the factory just put your grapple on and plug it in your good to go the aux is worked with your right stick back and forth movement I would lube it up and work it might be sticky does not sound like you have used it stop looking for a problem you have none (yet)
That's really what you need to do first. Just plug something into the front couplers , even just empty couplers and try the aux lever. If it shoots oil across the garage you know its connected

OP
OP
wbecker319

wbecker319

Get the aux figured out yet?
No, I can't explain it well enough without pictures so someone can understand what I'm talking about, and I have not yet been able to post pictures. I have read the post on picture posting but still can't get it to work. If you can post pictures I could email them to you to post for me if you send your email address.

antfarmer2

No, I can't explain it well enough without pictures so someone can understand what I'm talking about, and I have not yet been able to post pictures. I have read the post on picture posting but still can't get it to work. If you can post pictures I could email them to you to post for me if you send your email address.
I have a 743 with the engine and the chain case off right now so I see what is there have you hooked anything up to the aux? I am puter stupid but if you can send me the pics to antfarmer1212atyahoo.com

Tazza

Staff member
I have a 743 with the engine and the chain case off right now so I see what is there have you hooked anything up to the aux? I am puter stupid but if you can send me the pics to antfarmer1212atyahoo.com
CIMG6359%20(Large).JPG

CIMG6362%20(Large).JPG

Tazza

Staff member
It is starting to look more like there are no hoses from the tube lines to the ones on the arms

OP
OP
wbecker319

wbecker319

It is starting to look more like there are no hoses from the tube lines to the ones on the arms
Tazza, thanks for posting the pictures. I know there are no hoses, my problem is that the steel capped off lines that the hoses should connect to are curved toward the rear so far that there is not enough room to connect the hoses. The parts book shows these steel lines going straight up, making it easy to connect the hoses. Antfarmer2 suggested cut off the steel lines before they curve back and flair them. This would work, but I don't think there is enough room to get the flaring tools in there. Thanks again for posting the pics for me. Bill

antfarmer2

Tazza, thanks for posting the pictures. I know there are no hoses, my problem is that the steel capped off lines that the hoses should connect to are curved toward the rear so far that there is not enough room to connect the hoses. The parts book shows these steel lines going straight up, making it easy to connect the hoses. Antfarmer2 suggested cut off the steel lines before they curve back and flair them. This would work, but I don't think there is enough room to get the flaring tools in there. Thanks again for posting the pics for me. Bill
If you take off the hold down clamp it will move enough but I am thinking those two are factory caped rear aux hoses and that you have the original hoses hiding in there some place capped off

antfarmer2

If you take off the hold down clamp it will move enough but I am thinking those two are factory caped rear aux hoses and that you have the original hoses hiding in there some place capped off
I think I got it the original lines on mine go to the valve assemble I bet they failed and were removed and were capped of at the assemble on mine it is on the right side of the engine on the bottom take a peek and see some caps there the bad is you have to pull the engine to replace the lines but I think the other capped off ones will work what do you think Tazza? Merry Chistmas to all

antfarmer2

I think I got it the original lines on mine go to the valve assemble I bet they failed and were removed and were capped of at the assemble on mine it is on the right side of the engine on the bottom take a peek and see some caps there the bad is you have to pull the engine to replace the lines but I think the other capped off ones will work what do you think Tazza? Merry Chistmas to all
I should have thought of that sooner that is why my engine is out but replaced my lines (had made local) they were not using the aux so removed lines and capped them off but if the two factory capped lines work off the aux should be good to go should have three sets of lines on the left side if only two one set was removed by po

OP
OP
wbecker319

wbecker319

I should have thought of that sooner that is why my engine is out but replaced my lines (had made local) they were not using the aux so removed lines and capped them off but if the two factory capped lines work off the aux should be good to go should have three sets of lines on the left side if only two one set was removed by po
Today I loosened the plugs on the 2 lines pictured. I had my wife watch as I started the machine. There was no oil coming from the lines at that point. Then I moved the right stick left and oil came out of one line, then I moved the right stick left and oil came out of the other line. So now I know the 2 lines in the picture are for the Forward AUX hydraulics. There is not enough room to install the hoses, and not enough room to cut the rearward curve off and reflair them. So I will cut off the curved part and install flairless fitting, either MS fittings used in aircraft, or SSP Duolok flairless fittings, and then connect the hoses.

antfarmer2

Today I loosened the plugs on the 2 lines pictured. I had my wife watch as I started the machine. There was no oil coming from the lines at that point. Then I moved the right stick left and oil came out of one line, then I moved the right stick left and oil came out of the other line. So now I know the 2 lines in the picture are for the Forward AUX hydraulics. There is not enough room to install the hoses, and not enough room to cut the rearward curve off and reflair them. So I will cut off the curved part and install flairless fitting, either MS fittings used in aircraft, or SSP Duolok flairless fittings, and then connect the hoses.
Sounds great but still have time before summer how many sets of lines on the left side something still feels off

OP
OP
wbecker319

wbecker319

Sounds great but still have time before summer how many sets of lines on the left side something still feels off
There are 4 steel lines on the left side. 2 go to hoses to the left lift arms, and the other 2 (plugged in the picture), are for the hoses that will connect to the Front Aux steel lines that are mounted on the left lift arm.

antfarmer2

There are 4 steel lines on the left side. 2 go to hoses to the left lift arms, and the other 2 (plugged in the picture), are for the hoses that will connect to the Front Aux steel lines that are mounted on the left lift arm.
Should be six something is off we still have time before it thaws