743 Tilt cylinder rebuild post by Tazza

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bobcat753

Just type the link in, but be sure to leave a extra space at each end of the link or put it on its own line like this.
www.skidsteer.ca
It will turn blue and undeline automatically after you type a space at the end.
Ken
Kinda related, but does anyone know of any stores that carry the adjustable spanner wrenches to take the caps off the cylinders? I'm in the process of resealing some for my backhoe attachment, and one outta 3 uses this type of cap(others use screw on type).

Tazza

Staff member
Kinda related, but does anyone know of any stores that carry the adjustable spanner wrenches to take the caps off the cylinders? I'm in the process of resealing some for my backhoe attachment, and one outta 3 uses this type of cap(others use screw on type).
I have never seen one in a shop but i keep telling myself i'm going to build myself one of those one day! naturally i never do and use a pipe wrench instead :(

Garauld

I think you can get them from most large industrial distributors like: http://www.mcmaster.com/#adjustable-spanner-wrenches/=1ddpw9

coreya3212

Just type the link in, but be sure to leave a extra space at each end of the link or put it on its own line like this.
www.skidsteer.ca
It will turn blue and undeline automatically after you type a space at the end.
Ken
Thats easy enough. Thanks Ken.

jerry

I tried making a spanner wrench using 1/2 flat bar and grade 8 bolts for pins, but the bolts are to soft :(
Ken
www.grainger has spanner wrenchs of three different kinds although they aren't cheap. Proto makes some and I am sure snap on and mac tools have them. If you make your own try using drill rod for the pins you can make it as hard or soft as you wish. If the holes are a little beat up drill them larger carefully as that is what the shop will do to take them apart.

Latest posts