743 jumpy and fast

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

kap258

Thanks guys for your help last week on the overheating issues. This week I am haveing a problem with the left steering arm is much easier to move than it has ever been and there seems to be no neutral. The machine will take off at a very high speed which seems to be faster than it has ever been. Do I just need some adjustments on the steering arms or am I looking at something more complicated and internal? Thanks!

Tazza

Staff member
A 743 i had, no matter how hard i tried i could not get it to centre just rite.... I think the previous owner had the pump worked over, the internals looked brand new, no wear what so ever.
Does it just creep a little or does it move a fair amount? With the way the pump is designed, there is a set neutral point, depending on the state of the internals of the pump, centre can be hard to find. If there is little wear the centre can be a monster to find because there is little by-pass between the pistons and any movement off exactly 90 degrees will move oil.
If one side was slower than usual i could say it could be pump or motor related, but faster? not a clue!
Is it the same in reverse? just as fast? if not, its most likley adjustments. Does it turn say to the right going forwards and the left in reverse? That is pulling both levers back or forth together.

OP
OP
K

kap258

A 743 i had, no matter how hard i tried i could not get it to centre just rite.... I think the previous owner had the pump worked over, the internals looked brand new, no wear what so ever.
Does it just creep a little or does it move a fair amount? With the way the pump is designed, there is a set neutral point, depending on the state of the internals of the pump, centre can be hard to find. If there is little wear the centre can be a monster to find because there is little by-pass between the pistons and any movement off exactly 90 degrees will move oil.
If one side was slower than usual i could say it could be pump or motor related, but faster? not a clue!
Is it the same in reverse? just as fast? if not, its most likley adjustments. Does it turn say to the right going forwards and the left in reverse? That is pulling both levers back or forth together.
It wants to turn more right then left (it has always been this way)It moves a fair amount, but the weird part is that it is so much faster than it has ever been. It is the same in reverse. When I started it up yesterday it jumped so fast that the front wheels came off the ground.

OP
OP
K

kap258

I think I have found the problem. The center spring bolt has broken. I will know tomorrow once I get a new bolt. Thanks

Tazza

Staff member
I think I have found the problem. The center spring bolt has broken. I will know tomorrow once I get a new bolt. Thanks
It may pay to grab a new bushing the bolt goes through too, these wear a fair bit.

Latest posts