743 finding neutral sweet spot

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

laurencen

our 743 lost neutral and any attempt to reset levers, pulled it in today and the rear block that should rest on the cams was missing.

after fishing the parts out of the machine put it back together, no matter how I adjust can not seem to get a neutral position, can get it close where one wheel turns maybe 1 rpm but what am I missing

brdgbldr

our 743 lost neutral and any attempt to reset levers, pulled it in today and the rear block that should rest on the cams was missing.

after fishing the parts out of the machine put it back together, no matter how I adjust can not seem to get a neutral position, can get it close where one wheel turns maybe 1 rpm but what am I missing
See if this video helps at all:

OP
OP
L

laurencen

here is a update, I have neutral perfect and I can get it every time, here was how I did it

machine on blocks, remove the blocks in the transmission and add a lock spring washer under the head of the bolts and re install, start motor and set blocks as close as you can, touch the lever of the side that is not stopping, loosen bolts half turn the washer will keep it in place not have second person hold lever and with a long punch tap block, let go of lever and repeat.

we can set neutral in under 10 mins this way, totally fool proof just remenber to tighten bolts once finished