743 bucks

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

case310350

Have a 743 that will start bucking if I go over bumps. I suspect that the drive chains are loose and understand that they are not adjustable. the controls are a little sloppy, so I may be contributing to the effect because once the bucking starts i may be moving the controls due to the bucking making things worse. my concern is that I will break something. So on a 743 with 2800hrs would you suspect the chains are causing the problem? fluids and filters are good, engine runs good. thnaks for your help.

Tazza

Staff member
I would suspect its the slop in the controls. The chains have very limited slop in them, you will only get a few degrees of play in the axles if you try and turn the wheels by hand.
Its normal for the machine to buck going over bumps or turning on hard or bumpy ground. Try moving slower over the bumps, thats all i do. That and hold on tight!

mikie

I would suspect its the slop in the controls. The chains have very limited slop in them, you will only get a few degrees of play in the axles if you try and turn the wheels by hand.
Its normal for the machine to buck going over bumps or turning on hard or bumpy ground. Try moving slower over the bumps, thats all i do. That and hold on tight!
i agree with tazza. once you get something in motion, it usually amplifies unless you correct it. try adjusting your control levers. i put mine on stands to adjust. use caution around the tires if you do it this way. mine went from a constant creep to obeying the command,"stay". let us know how it goes, mikie

Latest posts