743 auxiliary hydraulics

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

kyosho

On my Bobcat 743 - the auxiliary hydraulics - is there a way to "lock them on"? I know you move the right lever left/right to activate them. I want to put a backhoe on the front, and I want to lock them on, exit the cab, and sit on the backhoe and operate it. I know on some other models there is a toggle switch or something like that, and I mine I can't find that. The auxiliary hydraulics work...

OldMachinist

When you move the lever all the way to the right it should hit the detent position and stay there. But if it hasn't been used for a while the detent balls down on the spool valve may be cruded up. Try working it back and forth and it may lock in place. Depending on your serial number there are two different versions on the control valve and the repair procedure is different.

Fishfiles

When you move the lever all the way to the right it should hit the detent position and stay there. But if it hasn't been used for a while the detent balls down on the spool valve may be cruded up. Try working it back and forth and it may lock in place. Depending on your serial number there are two different versions on the control valve and the repair procedure is different.
bungee cord from the lever to the cage will get you going ----------

jimhumphries

Take a look at the linkage also, on my 632 there was a hose by the valve interfering just enough to stop it from going into detent.
Yes - I had to adjust my linkage to get into the detent before the steering lever hit the side of the cab. Works fine now. Tazza and others suggested that I check that. To ease the linkage adjustment I removed the right side steering lever boot then re-riveted it when I was done. Jim

OP
OP
K

kyosho

Yes - I had to adjust my linkage to get into the detent before the steering lever hit the side of the cab. Works fine now. Tazza and others suggested that I check that. To ease the linkage adjustment I removed the right side steering lever boot then re-riveted it when I was done. Jim
Great! Thanks for the responses! I'll have to check that out then