742 Pivot Pins

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

qtband

I need to replace the pivot pins on the arms of my 742. Anyone done this and want to give some advice? 6707521 pins.

ianmcolo

Take the grease zerts out of bobtach/quick attach. Loosed the bolt on the outside of the boom about 1/4-1/2 inch and smack it with a sledge hammer. When you do this be careful because grease may shoot out of the zert hole. You may have to hit it a few times because they get corroded inside the lift arms. The pins are tapered, when you hit the bolt it will drive the pin back into the bobtach, back the bolt out a bit more and hit it again. Good luck.

OP
OP
qtband

qtband

Take the grease zerts out of bobtach/quick attach. Loosed the bolt on the outside of the boom about 1/4-1/2 inch and smack it with a sledge hammer. When you do this be careful because grease may shoot out of the zert hole. You may have to hit it a few times because they get corroded inside the lift arms. The pins are tapered, when you hit the bolt it will drive the pin back into the bobtach, back the bolt out a bit more and hit it again. Good luck.
Thanks! I'll be ready for when they come!