675B Cold Natured?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bigkrog911

I got a john deere 675 b, every since I bought it id have to hit the starter about 5 or 6 times before it would start, usually ran good once it started, some days it would wanna die until the motor got warmed up, now being colder out it takes forever to get it warmed up and running a full operation, just wants to slowly wind down and eventually die if you keep running it, if you stop what your doing it will wind back up after a few seconds, I have changed the air breather, new fuel pump, put all new hydraulic filters and am running john deere oil. Any Ideas? Thanks

Tazza

Staff member
Have you changed the fuel filter too? even checking the scree that may be inside the tank?
You say hitting the starter, do you mean hitting the starter motor with a hammer or turning the key?
As you arae talking about it slowly winding down, i assume the engine RPM, this sounds like a fuel restriction, the colder the fuel, the thicker it gets, cold enough, and it gels up.

OP
OP
B

bigkrog911

Have you changed the fuel filter too? even checking the scree that may be inside the tank?
You say hitting the starter, do you mean hitting the starter motor with a hammer or turning the key?
As you arae talking about it slowly winding down, i assume the engine RPM, this sounds like a fuel restriction, the colder the fuel, the thicker it gets, cold enough, and it gels up.
yes I have changed the fuel filter, no I haven't checked the screen in the tank, I mean turning the key, and yes engine rpm, engine losing power, I thought the same thing, not enough fuel but after a while it clears up and runs fine, the hotter the engine gets and the more I work it it seems to run better. But I don't think it should be that hard to start and hard to warm up?

Tazza

Staff member
yes I have changed the fuel filter, no I haven't checked the screen in the tank, I mean turning the key, and yes engine rpm, engine losing power, I thought the same thing, not enough fuel but after a while it clears up and runs fine, the hotter the engine gets and the more I work it it seems to run better. But I don't think it should be that hard to start and hard to warm up?
If the compression and glow plugs are good, it shouls start fairly easy, even when stone cold.
As you say it starts, but bogs down, it has to be fuel supply. You can always cheat to work that part out, imstall a temp fuel supply, a jog of fuel run direct to the lift pump and see if the issue goes away or not.