630 Bobcat

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

digr

Hi everyone, I am working on a 630 bobcat pedal linkage, where it crosses under the pump I have what looks like a rectangle sticking up with a quick in holding the pivot point of the linkage bar down and its so sloppy that the left foot peddle hardly works. The parts book shows a bolt and bushing there. What am I missing? Also I need to put new seals in the front axle, do I really need a $390 seal installation tool to do it

Tazza

Staff member
That linkage and bushing can be a pain to access, if you have a lathe, or a buddy with a lathe, you can make a new one easily enough out of some nylon.
The seal installation tool, i made one from a sample i looked at when at the dealer, but if you get your hands on a used bearing cup (ideally if you are replacing axle bearings) cut it in half so you can slide the halves over the axle and use a hose clamp. This seems to be about the right size to use to knock the new seal in, then you remove the hose clamp.
Sadly, the seals are a pain in these machines as the axles are 1 piece, so they need to come out, disturbing the bearings, so you may be up for a set of bearings too.

OP
OP
D

digr

That linkage and bushing can be a pain to access, if you have a lathe, or a buddy with a lathe, you can make a new one easily enough out of some nylon.
The seal installation tool, i made one from a sample i looked at when at the dealer, but if you get your hands on a used bearing cup (ideally if you are replacing axle bearings) cut it in half so you can slide the halves over the axle and use a hose clamp. This seems to be about the right size to use to knock the new seal in, then you remove the hose clamp.
Sadly, the seals are a pain in these machines as the axles are 1 piece, so they need to come out, disturbing the bearings, so you may be up for a set of bearings too.
Thank's for the reply! I have three lathes and two milling machines but I can't figure out how to fix it without taking the machine apart, all have is a rectangle sticking up which the bar pivots on with a quick pin threw it to hold it on. there is no bolt too put a bushing on. link to pictures here https://www.shopfloortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49866

Tazza

Staff member
Thank's for the reply! I have three lathes and two milling machines but I can't figure out how to fix it without taking the machine apart, all have is a rectangle sticking up which the bar pivots on with a quick pin threw it to hold it on. there is no bolt too put a bushing on. link to pictures here https://www.shopfloortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49866
Glad you have the gear to do the job.
I'm not sure what that clip is, there should be a bolt that the arm pivots on under the pump that has a bushing that wears.
Access is not fun, the pump is in the way, it needs lifting up to get access to the nut that it pivots on. It's possible you can get enough space by unbolting the front mounts and pulling it upwards. If that fails, the pump needs to come out.
Could the bulk of the wear be in the rubber and steel bushings at the pedal and at the end of the bar that runs under the pump?

OP
OP
D

digr

I'm not sure what that clip is, there should be a bolt that the arm pivots on under the pump that has a bushing that wears.
Access is not fun, the pump is in the way, it needs lifting up to get access to the nut that it pivots on. It's possible you can get enough space by unbolting the front mounts and pulling it upwards. If that fails, the pump needs to come out.
Could the bulk of the wear be in the rubber and steel bushings at the pedal and at the end of the bar that runs under the pump?
Here is a link to how I made the seal usher https://www.shopfloortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=719702#post719702

OP
OP
D

digr

I got it to work fairly well by fixing what linkage that I could and raising the foot peddle 3/4"

Tazza

Staff member
I got it to work fairly well by fixing what linkage that I could and raising the foot peddle 3/4"
Nice job, that looks pretty close to how mine turned out too.
The one from the dealer used a spring around it i think, i used a hose clamp like you did, it holds it together much better.

OP
OP
D

digr

Nice job, that looks pretty close to how mine turned out too.
The one from the dealer used a spring around it i think, i used a hose clamp like you did, it holds it together much better.
Thank's!! Ya the one that the deal sells is actually a four piece